Discussion Board

S60 Signing qt OVI

I buy OVI publisher and get:
    5 UIDs
    OVI_08-30-2010.key
    OVI_08-30-2010.crt
    xxx_OviPublishCert_Sept14.sis

I write OVI_08-30-2010.key and OVI_08-30-2010.crt in QtCreator, but when try make test app with:
    TARGET.CAPABILITY += ReadUserData WriteUserData ReadDeviceData WriteDeviceData
    get failed intallation.

When try install xxx_OviPublishCert_Sept14.sis get failed installation.
    Should I write:
    symbian {
    TARGET.UID3 = ??? // received UID
    }
    ?????

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: S60 Signing qt OVI

xxx_OviPublishCert_Sept14.sis can be installed on the device(s) with IMEI(s) you have specified, and Sept14 may also have something to do - perhaps it was meant to be installed before that date (you could set back the date on your device for testing it). For UID3 you can use one of the UID-s you have got.

Hi I had similar problem, I found that in my nokia phone there was already one version of the Nokia R&D Certificate Provisioner installed. Uninstalling it helped to install the sis file.

Actually I need help on your first step. How did you add key and cert in QtCreator.

Ok, I found a way to sign it.

From command line I did following ::

signsis foo.sis foo.sis OVI_xxx.crt OVI_xxx.key

This works for me. Unsigned foo.sis becomes symbian signed.

Still question is how can I add this command to .pro file to automate above step?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Note that you can find Qt-specific boards if you click back to Development Platforms above. This question may have better chances for getting answers in the "Qt SDKs and Tools" or "Qt for Symbian" boards.

Hi,

I'm developing an application which uses the following capabilities : LocalServices NetworkServices Location ReadDeviceData WriteDeviceData ReadUserData WriteUserData and I'm using the CARBIDE C++ 3rd edition FP1 (to obtain the best compatibility with the commercial devices).

Until now I used the symbiansigned site to obtain signed applications and test it on my phone, since I'm at the final round and in order to add a contextual help and to finish the application I paid 50 euros and takes the OVI key.

I sent my IMEI and two days ago I received 5 UID a certificate from OVI, with the .CRT, KEY and SIS. By following this thread I was able to install the given .SIS application successfully, that I suppose adds the OVI CA certificate to my S60 (E71) phone.

1 - I changed the UID3 of my application to one of the 5 provided by OVI.
    2 - I created an help file by following the scary RTF way (and it runs on the emulator)
    3- I put in Project->Properties->Build Configuration->Phone Release GCC S60 3rd FP1 the .CRT as certificate, the .KEY as key, by choosing to sign with this certificates and not autosign (I suppose Carbide uses signsis to do that).
    4 - I put a vendor name in unique vendor name and localized vendor name In PKG (I'm not sure about that, because I am an independent programmer and I have not a reference company so I tried several ways) .

After compiling the application I obtain the sis and sisx, but sis does not runs due to the capabilities restrictions and sisx refuses to install on my phone with the usual “Certificate Error” message which say to contact myself.

Note that :

- In the opinion of Windows, the released crt file has signed to be valid 3 months, from the end of august to the end of November 2010.
    - By changing the ID with a 0xE... one and sending the unsigned sis to to symbiansigned, the application come back signed and running (except for the help obviously).

Where I went wrong?