Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Ovi Store + China

Hello,

I have an app with level 3 in the pricing matrix (3 EUR). Will this app be automatically set to 2 EUR for China? If not, is there an option to set the price for China to another matrix level?

Further, I would be interested whether anyone received sales from China? I get a lot of downloads from China for free items (in fact China generates by far the most downloads), but never received a sale yet..

Regards,

Super Contributor

Re: Ovi Store + China

I saw a total of two sales from China with the method below.

The only way you have is to create a second item with all the metadata from the first item. Then, set the price lower in the new item and target it to China only when uploading a file.

It is a cumbersome way, but it works well.
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog

Super Contributor

I have an app with level 3 in the pricing matrix (3 EUR). Will this app be automatically set to 2 EUR for China? If not, is there an option to set the price for China to another matrix level?
    Hi,

I think it's not possible to set different price for the different country user. (It's not possible practically).
    Price for the application must be same and unique for all those who want to download.
    Best regards,

Super Contributor

As said: you need TWO CONTENT ITEMS!
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    My other blogs:

Oh, yes: two content item.
    And then see what's the revenue for the 2 eur price. Incredible!

Super Contributor

Hey. This is China.

Dont expect a 70 30 share there. Operator billing, aggregator and so on!
    My other blogs:

You are right... but 5 95 share.... do not cover watt of submitting

Super Contributor

My share for china is worse: 4 cents of two euros.

See it this way: it is better if Mr Chinese pays 4 cents then if he pays nothing.
    My other blogs:

Bringing up the old topic.

We are also planning to create a new content item for Chinese market with 2 EUR price. For free item we get most downloads from China, but is it really worth creating a content item if the revenue split is so bad? Is the ratio between downloads and purchases same in China as in other markets? For us India is the worst market for purchases, 0.003% of downloads are from paying customers. In other markets it is 0.5 - 2 %. If purchase ratio in China is close to Indian market, we won't bother.

Super Contributor

Hello,
    unfortunately, I only have the paid versions differing - so I cannot really calculate a "Chinese conversion rate".

But: the effort is but a few clicks. So why not try it?
    My other blogs:

Quote Originally Posted by tamhanna View Post
    But: the effort is but a few clicks. So why not try it?
    So I did publish a version to Chinese market. After a few days Ovi publisher website shows 0 purchases. But based on the devices list I can tell there have been at least 35 "purchases" as it says 2.8% of downloads are for Nokia X6. 100% / 2.8% = 35. Purchases and estimated revenue are both 0. Can someone with experience selling to Chinese market comment if this is normal? Are statistics updates delayed by several days or something?

I don't know about Chinese market but the delay is normal. I have experienced several days delays with every new publication. Thanks for sharing your info about Chinese market.

Nokia Developer Moderator

You may certainly publish multiple applications as long as the distribution coverage is unique (i.e. unique group of devices/countries/languages) and set the price points accordingly. Note however that this will result in multiple online reports as the system takes these as separate content items.

Note as well that there will be instances where a content displays device download numbers when the purchases remain zero. Unfortunately, the online reporting tool also includes statistics from the testing phase during the QA process. We are currently working toward removing all extraneous data from the online reports to improve accuracy. Note that this discrepancy will be minimized overtime and will only be noticeable at the beginning of the publication phase.

Andrew

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by onedeveloper View Post
    So I did publish a version to Chinese market. After a few days Ovi publisher website shows 0 purchases. But based on the devices list I can tell there have been at least 35 "purchases" as it says 2.8% of downloads are for Nokia X6. 100% / 2.8% = 35. Purchases and estimated revenue are both 0. Can someone with experience selling to Chinese market comment if this is normal? Are statistics updates delayed by several days or something?
    Long time I have been gone.

First of all, Andrew is right, yes. You need to create two sets of files - one ONLY for China, one for "ROW"

Secondarily: expect MINIMAL revenue from Ovi at best. In China, if you sell a 2 USD app, you get 6 to 12 US cents. So do not expect any miracles....
    My other blogs: