Discussion Board

Smile how to set the audio output to the max

i would like to know what is the minimal Symbian code to set the Audio output level to the max.

im using Qt for Symbian, but as far as i know QtMultimedia still lacks setting audio output level

as newbie ,i already have mixed some simple Symbian code snippet ,grabbed as is from wiki or from the net with Qt, but no more than this

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: how to set the audio output to the max

Each media player API has its own SetVolume method (and MaxVolume for getting the possible maximum). So it is easy to use
    Code:
    iSomePlayer->SetVolume(iSomePlayer->MaxVolume());
    , but there is no single 'global' setting what you could set 'outside' of the given player object.

Hi wizard_hu_ , thanks for reply ... so, if i understand it right, ,it implies that the volume level of voice call that user can change from low to high doesn't not acts on some kind of internal hardware amplifier ...or , in other words,that it is up to my application itself to directly process audio samples in memory to control the output volume loudness

Does it sounds correct to you ?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Yep, it would not really make too much sense if you could not adjust the volume of the audio played on your application. thus it is made in a way that there is no default value, and you do need to control it by yourself.

what i was looking for is some kind of mixer api that let's change the overall device audio volume ...i'm porting a Windows drum machine app i wrote years ago to Qt/Symbian... then i already have done mixing in memory sample sounds at the maximum possible ratio that does not produce distortions ... but when i hear it in the headphone it sounds so quiet ... can you imagine what the feeling of an house/tecno drumtrack is at such a quiet level ? ... i have to send it to an external line to get the loudness as it should