Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Exclamation How to create text area field or grawing text area

All mobile phones have standby screen and when user types any number mobile immediately opens text area in main pane and shows typed number in it with options and Back/Cancel/Clear in control pane.

I want to create same component in my application and want to invoke the same in my application's Idle screen.

Can any body tell me is there any such Textarea component available in SDK 3rd FP2???

Please suggest me the way....

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: How to create text area field or grawing text area

You could always try capturing keys in background process, and once you get as key, just bring a RWindow on focus, something like this one: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...tion_framework

then as your window is focusing just get keys in it, figure what number is supposed to be shown (CPtiEngine might help), add the character in a buffer, and draw it to your screen.

Regular Contributor

Exclamation Re: How to create text area field or grawing text area

Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    You could always try capturing keys in background process, and once you get as key, just bring a RWindow on focus, something like this one: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...tion_framework

then as your window is focusing just get keys in it, figure what number is supposed to be shown (CPtiEngine might help), add the character in a buffer, and draw it to your screen.
    Thanks for your kind attention...

This I need to try but what about right and left soft keys...Aagain I need to display menu in options too (i.e. Call). How it will be done? As in phone standby mode softkey options are Menu(Left) and profile(Right)..when keys are pressed in this situation control pane options gets changed to Options(Left) and Clear(Right) and menubar is also available with some options in Options softkeys...

I think this all appears with Text Area and need not to create each and every control seperately.....but how it appears is question for me...Can you put your suggestions in this direction....?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: How to create text area field or grawing text area

Thats a bit more difficult, you could always try using the window on top of the softket labels as well, and capturing the keys for the softkeys..