Discussion Board

How to install Qt on Windows XP SP2 for Symbian S60 3.1

What must I do, to be able to develop programs for Symbian S60 3.1 (NOKIA E90 Communicator) with Qt?

Which "packages" must be installed, in which order and where can I find them?

I have installed the following file (nothing else):

Nokia_Qt_SDK_Win_offline_v1_0_1_en.exe

This seems not to be sufficient, when trying to build the "Animated Tiles" example I get a "Build Probleme" error:

Interrupt Exception caught (code = 0xc0000005, adr = 0x41f96e) K:\progs\NokiaQtSDK\mingw\bin\mingw32-make.exe
    K:\progs\NokiaQtSDK\mingw\bin\mingw32-make.exe

Thanks in advance, Peter

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: How to install Qt on Windows XP SP2 for Symbian S60 3.1

Hi,
    Nokia Qt SDK is enough to do a application developement.
    Are you getting the error for all the example?
    Jajal Mehul

Thank you james1980 for your reply, sorry haven't had time to continue with developping with Qt Creator (lot to do for my job).

The problem is still there. I have deinstalled Qt Creator, installed new, did update the installation, and there was no error message or warning at the install/update process. About (über) Qt Creator says:

Qt Creator 2.01
    Basierend auf Qt 4.7.0 (32 Bit)
    Erstellt am Sep 9 2010 um 14:27:59
    Revision 113d4c5618

When trying to make the project (Clicking on "Hammer") for "Simulator Qt for MinGW 4.4 (Nokia Qt SDK) Debug" I still get the error:

K:\progs\nqtsdk\mingw\bin\mingw32-make.exe:: error: Interrupt/Exception caught (code = 0xc0000005, addr = 0x41f96e)

What I am wondering is, if I open Extras->Einstellungen (Extras->Settings) I get:

"Qt aus PATH" (Qt from PATH) <nicht gefunden> (<not found>).

On the "S60 SDKs" I see:

SDK-Pfad
    K:\progs\S60\device\S60_5th_edition_SDK_v0.9

and Qt-Pfad (Qt-Path):

Qt ist nicht installiert (Qt is not installed)

I wonder why the 5th edition SDK is installed (I've downloaded 3rd edition SDK, using an E90) and why Qt is not installed.

I have now a (little bit) more detailed error message:

Führe Build-Schritte für Projekt animatedtiles aus...
    Unveränderte Konfiguration, qmake-Schritt wird übersprungen.
    Starte "K:/progs/nqtsdk/mingw/bin/mingw32-make.exe" -w
    mingw32-make: Entering directory `K:/progs/nqtsdk/Examples/4.6/animation/animatedtiles'

K:/progs/nqtsdk/mingw/bin/mingw32-make -f Makefile.Debug

K:\progs\nqtsdk\mingw\bin\mingw32-make.exe: Interrupt/Exception caught (code = 0xc0000005, addr = 0x41f96e)

Der Prozess " K:/progs/nqtsdk/mingw/bin/mingw32-make.exe" wurde mit dem Rückgabewert %2 beendet.
    Fehler beim Erstellen des Projekts animatedtiles(Ziel: Qt Simulator)
    Bei der Ausführung von Build-Schritt 'Make'

I'm going crazy :-(

I've gone to command line and entered the make command directly:

Code:
    K:\progs\nqtsdk\Examples\4.6\animation\animatedtiles>K:/progs/nqtsdk/mingw/bin/m
    ingw32-make -f Makefile.Debug
    K:\progs\nqtsdk\Simulator\Qt\mingw\bin\moc.exe -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT
    -DQT_DLL -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_NEEDS_QMAIN -I"..\.
    .\..\..\Simulator\Qt\mingw\include\QtCore" -I"..\..\..\..\Simulator\Qt\mingw\inc
    lude\QtGui" -I"..\..\..\..\Simulator\Qt\mingw\include" -I"..\..\..\..\Simulator\
    Qt\mingw\include\ActiveQt" -I"debug" -I"..\..\..\..\Simulator\Qt\mingw\mkspecs\w
    in32-g++" -D__GNUC__ -DWIN32 main.cpp -o debug\main.moc
    K:/progs/nqtsdk/mingw/bin/mingw32-make: Interrupt/Exception caught (code = 0xc00
    00005, addr = 0x41f96e)
    Gives the error.

When I call moc.exe directly with:

Code:
    K:\progs\nqtsdk\Examples\4.6\animation\animatedtiles>K:\progs\nqtsdk\Simulator\Q
    t\mingw\bin\moc.exe -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT-DQT_DLL -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_C
    ORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_NEEDS_QMAIN -I"..\..\..\..\Simulator\Qt\mingw\i
    nclude\QtCore" -I"..\..\..\..\Simulator\Qt\mingw\include\QtGui" -I"..\..\..\..\S
    imulator\Qt\mingw\include" -I"..\..\..\..\Simulator\Qt\mingw\include\ActiveQt" -
    I"debug" -I"..\..\..\..\Simulator\Qt\mingw\mkspecs\win32-g++" -D__GNUC__ -DWIN32
     main.cpp -o debug\main.moc
    It works with no error! Arrggghhhhh...

Hello!

Is there really no one, who knows a solution, for my problem? I've tried all I'm capable, always this stupid error message :-|

Super Contributor

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by danhicksbyron View Post
    Thank you! This link was extremly helpfull. The problem at my PC is, that there is the following directory in the PATH:

"C:\Programme\PC Connectivity Solution"

This seems to be from Nokia, but I don't know, if it's needed in the PATH. Without this Directory in the PATH QtCreator works fine :-)

If you have the same problem (it's always the same error message), read the link of danhicksbyron (and other links in this bug report).

To test if your QtCreator installation (on Windows) is OK, do the following:

Create a .bat-File with the following content:

@echo off
    SET PATH=K:\progs\nqtsdk\mingw\bin;K:\progs\nqtsdk\Simulator\Qt\mingw\bin
    K:\progs\nqtsdk\QtCreator\bin\qtcreator.exe

Of course you should substitute K:\progs\nqtsdk with the base directory of your QtCreator installation.

Then open a command window and run this batch file, which will start QtCreator.

Now try to run an example (see QtCreator help), if your installation is OK, the Emulator should start and run the application.

When you exit QtCreator you are back in the command line. Load the .bat-File into Notepad, start another command window. Now you can mark a PATH in the new command window, copy it (ENTER), paste it into the "set PATH=..."-line in Notepad, save, switch to the other command window, and run the .bat-file again.

QtCreator starts (now with an additional PATH), clean the project and build (run) it again, repeat this process for every PATH, until you find which PATH caused the trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by ql_freak View Post
    Thank you! This link was extremly helpfull. The problem at my PC is, that there is the following directory in the PATH:

"C:\Programme\PC Connectivity Solution"
    Sorry for quoting myself.

I have now removed this PATH and there seem to be no problems, especially PC-Suite seems to work.