Discussion Board

rtsp live streaming on NOKIA

Hello,

Does NOKIA support playing "live" rtsp video streaming?

I've tried rtsp streaming from Youtube and it works fine, but it fails to play a "live" video broadcast.
    I tried to open the link directly from the phone's RealPlayer, and got the following error: "Unable to connect to server, Not enough bandwidth, Check in network settings". Although i'm using a fast wifi connection and could play the video broadcast on my pc through a VLC media player on my PC...

Are there any special configurations i need to do on the sever to enable live rtsp on Nokia?

Thanx.

Super Contributor

Re: rtsp live streaming on NOKIA

well it's obviouslyu not only the used protocol (rtsp) but also the encoding must be supported by the device...
    Als the inbuilt RealPlayer players do have their own configuration/options, maybe thats where you have to give a look when he is mentioning to "check in network settings"...
    Note: please don't send private questions to me, as I don't have time to provide private support. All such questions should be posted on public forums, where I and others can see and answer them.

-----------------------------------
    Last edited by grayess; 2010-10-06 at 00:30.

Super Contributor

well the RealPlayer isn't run through code obviously, it's the native player which is supplied (pre-installed) on a device...
    via code there are two options, u can do a platformRequest() and supply the rtsp link, which shouldresult into the RealPlayer player being started...
    The other option would be to stream the rtsp link using the MediaPlayer class, which is part of the MMAPI (JSR-135)... For that last option there are like a gazillion examples in this forum and in the Wiki... Same goes for a platformrequest() call...
    good luck !

btw that rtsp streaming is actually supported by S60 devices, anything older than a S40 6th edition has it's own way of "streaming"...
    Note: please don't send private questions to me, as I don't have time to provide private support. All such questions should be posted on public forums, where I and others can see and answer them.

Just found a working live video broadcast... rtsp://video3.multicasttech.com/AFTVClassics3GPP296.sdp

I think i have a problem with the Codec at the server side.

So thanks again Tiger79 for your help!
    Last edited by grayess; 2010-10-05 at 23:05.