Discussion Board

Unhappy Qt 4.06(4) installer

Hi,

I want to install qt-mobility-symbian-opensource-1.1.0-beta-symbian3.sis on my touch device but requires Qt 4.06(4) version Qt, whereas the device has Qt 4.06(3) installed on it. I've searched this forum and google but could not get a site from where I can download Qt version 4.06(4). Kindly help.

regards

Zia

Super Contributor

Re: Qt 4.06(4) installer

Note the proper version is 4.6.4.

Super Contributor

Yeah, unfortunately two different notations are used. On the phone it.s 4.06(4), but everywhere else it's 4.6.4.

Super Contributor

divanov,
    have I been sleeping under a rock? Since when it 4.6.4 out? Please post some info!
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by syedzia5 View Post
    Hi,

I want to install qt-mobility-symbian-opensource-1.1.0-beta-symbian3.sis on my touch device but requires Qt 4.06(4) version Qt, whereas the device has Qt 4.06(3) installed on it. I've searched this forum and google but could not get a site from where I can download Qt version 4.06(4). Kindly help.

regards

Zia
    This is a version for use with Symbian ^3 and the release Qt 4.6.4 is NOT AN OFFICIAL release. This appears to have been a handle for closing bug lists on, until Qt 4.7.0 was released. The version you have is based on a new website section who have created a branch from Qt 4.6.3 source. The only phone supporting Symbian ^3 is N8 officially release to Public 1-oct-2010, but developers have got the N8 already. This was explained to me that some people have incremented the version number to stop confusion. Can you read symbianopen and OpenSymbian.com, dont know there is only one page stating intent.
    The Qt Mobile code has always been open, any developer can upgrade or load or build another version as I have done, by taking the current tarball. To stop confusion I called mine 4.7.1.1, but I NEVER intended to release this for any phone, just my own N8
    Thats open source for you and we have to live with it. Sure makes it difficult for people starting out though!.

Thanks,
    Jim

you can download it from here... I some how got hold of this and found out that its 4.06(4) version that you are looking out for .... http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...eloper_version