Discussion Board

Angry All Applications Vanished

My applications in Themes section vanished! This was made in ten days, a couple or more applications per days disappeared. In this moment, from 26 items, I can see only one: the free one. Please note all applications are published, and they really exist on Store. If I search with name, items are dowlodable. But in my section.... none. This is terrible for selling, is difficult buy wath do you not see! OviSupport tell me "I have contacted R&D and they are working towards a fix in the upcoming Ovi Store release. This release will be available in the upcoming months."
    Next months??? Are you fools? Having this type of issue is the right way to go out of business in days!!
    Anyone has a similar issue? Solutions? Ideas?

Super Contributor

Re: All Applications Vanished

1) Do you have Media Insurance?
    2) Are the filenames radically different from one another?
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog

Nokia Developer Moderator

You could always sent the email to the publicer support and ask them, I'm rather sure it would give you the fastest and most accurate answer.

I speak more and more with publisher support: they say R&D need MONTHS to fis this issue. I think it's a LONG time. And from open of Store to the end of September all was OK, items showing ok for all phones.

Quote Originally Posted by frau_brucher View Post
    My applications in Themes section vanished! This was made in ten days, a couple or more applications per days disappeared. In this moment, from 26 items, I can see only one: the free one. Please note all applications are published, and they really exist on Store. If I search with name, items are dowlodable. But in my section.... none. This is terrible for selling, is difficult buy wath do you not see! OviSupport tell me "I have contacted R&D and they are working towards a fix in the upcoming Ovi Store release. This release will be available in the upcoming months."
    Next months??? Are you fools? Having this type of issue is the right way to go out of business in days!!
    Anyone has a similar issue? Solutions? Ideas?
    I've noticed something similar several days ago. When I click on company it shows only free items. And from what I could see this happened for any company.

For me what is more annoying is that our free item dropped almost four times as number of downloads and is still dropping every day.

And now... no more communications: last answer from support was more than one week ago. I tried to know something of new, butn no answer to my email. The equation seem noanswer=nostress. It's becoming a matter of politeness. But I would like to know what's happening. And a solution. Clicking on company it shows only one free item and two of old. And two of newer was published yesterday, and appeared in "new" page.
    NO WORDS.

Nokia Developer Expert

Quote Originally Posted by frau_brucher View Post
    And now... no more communications: last answer from support was more than one week ago. I tried to know something of new, butn no answer to my email. The equation seem noanswer=nostress. It's becoming a matter of politeness. But I would like to know what's happening. And a solution. Clicking on company it shows only one free item and two of old. And two of newer was published yesterday, and appeared in "new" page.
    NO WORDS.
    Dear frau_brucher,

We apologize for the delay. We have been experiencing a large influx of inquiries. However, we will do our best to answer all inquiries.

Okay, solved the politeness issue, after a certain time Support answer.
    But NO solution, we have to expect a fix in next months.
    In all this time our customers, and all user cannot view any item in our company tab. Only way is using the " search" function. I think most of people do not do this, and level of selling give me reason.
    And from yesterday the new item do not appear also in NEW tab. Waste money!
    At this point I think there is a two level OviStore, from one side our Store. no or little support, big problem and long term solution. On other side companies with banners, spotlight and promotions every day, and full visibility on Store.

Regular Contributor

Same problem here. Some applications are shown some are only visible through searching.
    And one of the most "dubious" things is the creation of the Ovi-store main page. At least 50% of the apps on the start page are crap, some even without ratings. Some apps stay there forever (e.g. Brightlight Touch, or Gravity).
    Also the "Similar" apps page usually generated very unrelated lists.

It seems as if both, the start page and the similar apps page, are generated automatically (without human intervention). As a company CEO, I would feel ashamed for placing crap on the start page which is viewed by 1 mio. people a day.