Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

errors: 'Static' not declared (first use this function), 'CCoeEnv' has not been decla

I have a console app that auto-answers incoming calls and I'm trying to add code to simulate some keypresses once a call has been answered. I'm using code from the wiki article on how to 'simulate a keypress' in 3rd edition. The example code starts with:

RWsSession wsSession=CCoeEnv::Static()->WsSession();

I have copied this code to my CStatusChecker::RunL() function where the call is answered when status is 'ringing'. I'm getting two errors when I try to compile "'Static' not declared (first use this function)" and "'CCoeEnv' has not been declared". I have #include W32STD.h and ws32 lib. The only thing I changed in the example code is the key being pressed. Please let me know what I might be missing.

Thanks,
    ~Mike

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: errors: 'Static' not declared (first use this function), 'CCoeEnv' has not been d

Is it a GUI app, or something else ?, basically the control environment variable is only automatically contructed for GUI apps. Also have you checked the header file required for CCoeEnv, and made sure it is visible to the point where you are using the code in ?

Re: errors: 'Static' not declared (first use this function), 'CCoeEnv' has not been d

Even in case of a GUI app it should rather be
    Code:
    RWsSession &wsSession=CCoeEnv::Static()->WsSession();
    The header and library are nice for having RWsSession, but you should check the documentation of CCoeEnv, since that is what is missing.

Regular Contributor

It is not a GUI app. It is a console app. I did make sure that the W32STD.h is #included in the file where the problematic code is. Where would I find an example of how to properly setup the control environment variable for a non-GUI app. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    Is it a GUI app, or something else ?, basically the control environment variable is only automatically contructed for GUI apps. Also have you checked the header file required for CCoeEnv, and made sure it is visible to the point where you are using the code in ?

Regular Contributor

Thanks, I have looked through the CCoeEnv documentation in the Nokia library but I am still somewhat confused how to implement it in a console app. Would I still have to link against cone.lib? Do I have to manually import CCoeEnv and call CCoeEnv::ConstructL()?
    Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    Even in case of a GUI app it should rather be
    Code:
    RWsSession &wsSession=CCoeEnv::Static()->WsSession();
    The header and library are nice for having RWsSession, but you should check the documentation of CCoeEnv, since that is what is missing.

In a console app, write
    Code:
    RWsSession wsSession;
    User::LeaveIfError(wsSession.Connect());
    CCoeEnv is in coemain.h and cone.lib, but you can not use it easily in a console application. The previous two lines are definitely simpler.

Regular Contributor

thanks it compiles now
    Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    In a console app, write
    Code:
    RWsSession wsSession;
    User::LeaveIfError(wsSession.Connect());
    CCoeEnv is in coemain.h and cone.lib, but you can not use it easily in a console application. The previous two lines are definitely simpler.