Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

A question about RWindow intialization and usage (Panic WSERV 9)

Hello list,

when I run my app, I get a Panic WSERV 9 from the emulator. I debugged this to find out that as the documentation for this panic says, I had not activated the graphics context before usage.

In my code, I use
    CWndowGc& gc = SystemGc();
    to create a graphics context.
    Now, to activate this context, I have defined an RDrawableWindow object reference:
    RDrawableWindow& W = RWindow();
    Now I need to set the size of the RWindow using W.SetSize(), but before doing so, I need to construct the window object using the Construct() method and this is where I have my doubt.
    I need to pass a const reference to a RWindowTreeNode object as the parent object of this window. Conceptually, as per my understanding, the window should be owned and parented by the view. But I am not able to draw an association between the view object derived from CCoeControl and the RWindow object, as they belong to two non-related bases.

How can I resolve this issue?

TiA for your suggestions
    Vin

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: A question about RWindow intialization and usage (Panic WSERV 9)

What excatly are you trying to do and in which context (is it GUI app or something else) ?

Basically SystemGc id defined for CCoeControl, and used in Draw function, which is called by application framework after the context is activated, and you most often do not need to mix RWindows atuff with GUI apps using application framework.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    What excatly are you trying to do and in which context (is it GUI app or something else) ?

Basically SystemGc id defined for CCoeControl, and used in Draw function, which is called by application framework after the context is activated, and you most often do not need to mix RWindows atuff with GUI apps using application framework.
    My app is a GUI app. I am trying to draw an image on the window. And I presume I need to follow these steps to do so:

1. create a graphics context for my app
    2. activate the context
    3. draw using the context

I am at step 2, where in I need to pass the reference of an object of type RDrawableWindow to activate the graphics context.

thanks
    Vin

Nokia Developer Moderator

No you don't need to do. Basically just in your class derived from a CCoeContainer, you just construct and load the image in its ConstructL function. and then you just call DrawNow(), which will cause Draw() function to be called.

Then while in Draw() function, just use the CWndowGc& gc = SystemGc(); to get already active gc and use its functions for drawing.