Discussion Board

Cannot debug using N8 / Qt Creator

Hello everyone!
    My first day with the N8 and I'm very excited. Tried building a few samples and running it on our N8 here, and everything worked wonderfully...

...but trying to debug the application running in the N8 device has not worked. I ran into the exact same issue described in http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTCREATORBUG-2158 .

My problem is that the solutions proposed on that page did not work for me. Has anyone faced the same problem, and found a solution for it? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Super Contributor

Re: Cannot debug using N8 / Qt Creator

Quote Originally Posted by Sulistas View Post
    Hello everyone!
    My first day with the N8 and I'm very excited. Tried building a few samples and running it on our N8 here, and everything worked wonderfully...

...but trying to debug the application running in the N8 device has not worked. I ran into the exact same issue described in http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTCREATORBUG-2158 .

My problem is that the solutions proposed on that page did not work for me. Has anyone faced the same problem, and found a solution for it? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
    Welcome to Forum Nokia Discussion groups..
    The Nokia Qt SDK must be upgraded to Support the N8 Symbian ^3 device debug.
    To Do this Windows Start bar->All Programs->Nokia Qt SDK--> Update Nokia Qt SDK.
    When completed first all you will get a new SDK Updater, then the update will pull in version 1.0.1.
    Windows Start bar->All Programs->Nokia Qt SDK-->
    Open Symbian folder inside is "Install TRK to Symbian Device-> TRK Symbian ^3. Click to run and install the .sis App TRK on the N8.

Send the App TRK to your N8 and configure the port with USB.
    Restart QT Creator Check version "Version 2.0.1 Built September 9 2010"
    Select the Target as "Symbian Device - Debug". There should be a green tick to indicate communications with phone good via USB cable.

Click the icon with the insect to start debug. The Builder will start to build the project first.
    and providing you have a breakpoint set in the code will stop then the screen will open at the break point.

UPDATE:-
    The Qt control ( .pro) file needs to have the line near the top
    CONFIG += debug
    Thanks
    Jim
    Last edited by jimgilmour1; 2010-10-08 at 13:49. Reason: add Qt line CONFIG += debug

Re: Cannot debug using N8 / Qt Creator

Unfortunately the breakpoint-problem still appears for this TRK sis package. Also there is sometimes a problem with displaying locals, those do not change in the debug view. TRK appears to send cached memory blocks.