I am a developer and am fairly comfortable with Qt. However, I am having trouble understanding the various frameworks and codenames being thrown about so will be grateful for some clarification.
From an API point of view, what are the differences between "real" Meego, Meego/Harmattan and Symbian? My understanding is as follows:
1. You can write Qt 4.6 applications and deploy them on all the platforms.
2. Qt 4.7 and Qt mobility will also be supported everywhere. Qt 4.7 will become available to Symbian in the future while Meego devices will come with 4.7 pre-installed.
3. Meego Touch framework (libmeegotouch) is where things start to become unclear. Will Meego Touch be supported on Symbian? If so, will it be part of firmwares or distributable with smartinstaller or do I have to manually compile and package it with application?
4. Will Meego Touch framework be available on Meego/Harmattan?
5. Symbian folks are developing "Orbit" about which I know nothing but it is supposedly an extended widget set built on top of Qt and will be available for Symbian^4. What platforms will Orbit be available on? Will it work on Symbian^1, Symbian^3, Maemo, Meego/Harmattan, Meego etc etc?