Discussion Board

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: About Launchpad, Developer account registration never gets processed!

For some strange reason there is a high number of applications for Launchpad membership, the process of filtering the requests is therefore slowed down.
    Please be patient, all applications will be answered, as soon as possible.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    For some strange reason
    It might have something to do with a certain e-mail, which has been leaked on some sites.

Hope Nokia will approve my application as we are very interested on developing new application for Nokia phones instead of iphones.(non challenging).

Best Regards
    Alan Tan

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    It might have something to do with a certain e-mail, which has been leaked on some sites.
    Not that's exactly what I call a strange reason

Quote Originally Posted by xpmobile View Post
    Hope Nokia will approve my application as we are very interested on developing new application for Nokia phones instead of iphones.(non challenging).

Best Regards
    Alan Tan
    Alan, all the resources you need are already available on Forum Nokia: SDK, tools, docs, examples, devices (through RDA service) and a great developer community. While the benefits offered by the programs may be usefull as well, you can start developing and selling applications through Ovi Store already now.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    Not that's exactly what I call a strange reason

Alan, all the resources you need are already available on Forum Nokia: SDK, tools, docs, examples, devices (through RDA service) and a great developer community. While the benefits offered by the programs may be usefull as well, you can start developing and selling applications through Ovi Store already now.
    Will be more interested with the coming up challenging WP7 supported Nokia phones. Hope the new WP7 Nokia phone will have more flexibility than other phone supplier. Also hope to get hold of the new nokia phone than waiting for it available in the country basically it takes sometimes to make one application.

Best Regards
    Alan Tan

Regular Contributor

Like ltomuta said, the resources to do what you are asking are already available. You can use WP7 tools to start developing for WP7 today.
    And if you want to get to Symbian and Meego platforms, then you can download the Qt SDK.

For devices currently on market, you can use the Remote Device Access to test your applications.

Launchpad registration does not state that free devices would be given to members.

Quote Originally Posted by teemup View Post
    Like ltomuta said, the resources to do what you are asking are already available. You can use WP7 tools to start developing for WP7 today.
    And if you want to get to Symbian and Meego platforms, then you can download the Qt SDK.

For devices currently on market, you can use the Remote Device Access to test your applications.

Launchpad registration does not state that free devices would be given to members.
    After developing the application, which phone shall I use it for testing? LG Phones? HTC Phone? Or Nokia Phone?

For Meego, I had brought the N900 for test and definitely it works flawless. For Symbian, we have all version phone such as S60, S40...all version Nokia phone. However, I got to wait till the phone is available in the market and it takes another weeks or month to have the phone in hand for testing the application.

Best Regards
    Alan Tan

Right now FN Launchpad does not bring you any closer to testing WP7 applications on a Nokia device. Such devices are not available for 3rd parties yet. So, from this point of view it really does not matter if a request is getting processed today or next week.

Exclamation Re: About Launchpad, Developer account registration never gets processed!

Hmm does this mean people are getting rejected i too have submitted my registration to launchpad but still awiating registeration
    howewer i haven't written anything about me already having apps on ovi store !!!
    That info is wriiten though in my account
    hope this is not a mistake on my behalf and nokia sees that i do have some apps on the OVI store
    well here's the link to ONE of my apps published in the OVI STORE
    http://store.ovi.com/content/67482
    my others apps can be searched in OVI Store for proof

I can see no indication of anyone's being rejected. This thread is about that momentarily accepting FNL applications is a bit slow.

I can see no indication of anyone's being rejected. This thread is about that momentarily accepting FNL applications is a bit slow.
    sorry but it seemed like this to me !!
    but is it ok to not mention apps that are in store in joining description?

Quote Originally Posted by bhairavpardiwala View Post
    sorry but it seemed like this to me !!
    Ok, I can not decide how it looks like to others.
    but is it ok to not mention apps that are in store in joining description?
    Unfortunately I do not know the current application mechanism. If you do not have some menu point or additional contact/reference to submit this extra detail, you will probably have to wait for the current application to be evaluated.
    It is doubtful that Nokia people will check for such extras anywhere in this forum, especially in a feedback thread.
    FN Experts will probably correct me if I am wrong.

I'm also awaiting for the launchpad aproval. I guess there has been a lot of requests lately... I've applied for on the 21st of February...

Cheers

Hi. I'd just like to add to this thread too.
    I'm slightly surprised for the Individual Launchpad account and not requiring a lot of information to be supplied, that it would take weeks to process.

Surely there will be some other requirement before anything is sent out to Launchpad members? Or maybe a cut-off date so that only members registered before the date of the leaked email benefit?