Discussion Board

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: About Launchpad, Developer account registration never gets processed!

I do not suspect any complex mechanism in addition to chronological order. The e-mail leaked out after it was sent to Launchpad members.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    I do not suspect any complex mechanism in addition to chronological order. The e-mail leaked out after it was sent to Launchpad members.
    Sorry, do not know anything about the "leaked email" issue. However got the photo of it from the site.

Best Regards
    Alan Tan

Hi,
    It's been over a week or so when I submitted my request for the LaunchPad membership. I understand you might be swamped with processing the requests. Can you let me know what the status is of my process or if there's anything else you need me to provide to speed up the process?

-- Just checked my account and an Account ID AID-00000453XX was assigned to me on Feb 18, 2011. But there's no programs in which I am listed under, does this mean I am still awaiting approval?
    Any help is appreciated.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jjklee View Post
    Hi,
    It's been over a week or so when I submitted my request for the LaunchPad membership. I understand you might be swamped with processing the requests. Can you let me know what the status is of my process or if there's anything else you need me to provide to speed up the process?

-- Just checked my account and an Account ID AID-00000453XX was assigned to me on Feb 18, 2011. But there's no programs in which I am listed under, does this mean I am still awaiting approval?
    Any help is appreciated.

Jim
    Completely off topic but are you the same jjklee who won the first handset in the search for 7 contest? If so then congratulations.

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Hi,
    Normally there are 2 or 3 applications a week. Since Feb 18th there have been 2,000 applications Mostly just people that want a free phone but some real developers. You should get a letter to tell you that you were accepted or not.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Nokia Ron View Post
    Normally there are 2 or 3 applications a week. Since Feb 18th there have been 2,000 applications Mostly just people that want a free phone but some real developers. You should get a letter to tell you that you were accepted or not.

Ron
    Yeah, agree that too... those greedy people are causing alot of unneccessary problem =(

One question. If we received the AID number and the NDA agreement letter, does that mean we got approved?

Thanks!

Best Regards
    Alan Tan

Ron,
    Thanks for the update. I understand that there is a surge in application when it was announced about the perks for being a LaunchPad member. I 'm currently working on a minor project to cleanse pharmaceutical data and was trying to investigate/develop how data can be available on all major mobile platforms. My target is the Symbian 40/S60v5 users or even S^3. My background is mostly .NET, so it will be a big learning curve for me to adopt to Qt or java.
    Thanks again for replying.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by smileyp666 View Post
    Completely off topic but are you the same jjklee who won the first handset in the search for 7 contest? If so then congratulations.
    Thank you, the E7 is a really nice device.

My target is the Symbian 40/S60v5 users or even S^3. My background is mostly .NET, so it will be a big learning curve for me to adopt to Qt or java.
    There is no such thing as Symbian 40. Series 40 is Nokia's software plafrom for feature phones but it is not built on top of Symbian OS.
    S60 (formerly Series 60) was indeed a Symbian OS based platform, now melted into the OS itself and known simply as Symbian.
    As for learning curve for learning Qt, I think you will find is not that big, give it a try.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Quote Originally Posted by Nokia Ron View Post

Ron
    Thanks for the reply Ron. Can i just confirm if you meant we will receive physical mail through the post or just an email? I'm only asking as i have an extremely sensitive email filter set up (due to an average of 12,000-14,000 spam emails a day!) and i need to know if i should be checking my junk folder a little more carefully

It will be email notification, so you better add the @nokia.com to the safe domains list.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Thanks for the clarification. I normally don't have a problem with @nokia or @ovi emails but i'll keep an eye out for it.

Shame Nokia didn't make it clear on the day that only existing members would be eligible (for the E7 for testing), so they wouldn't interfere with the system for the rest of us, although at least it did promote awareness that Launchpad membership was available for a limited time.

The application page seems to be working fine, what kind of limitation/eligibility you mean?

Well I hope I get to be approved. I don't expect to get any devices... i just want to be part of the community and I got to Nokia from an announcement of free launchpad membership. As I said I'm a long time fan of Nokia devices, and having a merge of Microsoft with Nokia is like the perfect match for me. I don't want an E7 device because my focus will be windows phone not symbian.

If thats whats delaying my application, I would like to state that I don't want and I don't need the E7 device that supposedly where offered to existent members

Cheers