Discussion Board

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Re: About Launchpad, Developer account registration never gets processed!

Hello,

I received an email from Launchpad service friday afternoon. It was wrote that i should contact a "Forum Nokia Business Development Manager". As i am a registered Ovi publisher since its first day, sorry guys, but i think i should not search a Forum Nokia Business Development Manager to ask him reviewing my application. Additionally i don't know how to find one. What i should do?

Best Regards,
    Noyan

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by noyanculum View Post
    Hello,

I received an email from Launchpad service friday afternoon. It was wrote that i should contact a "Forum Nokia Business Development Manager". As i am a registered Ovi publisher since its first day, sorry guys, but i think i should not search a Forum Nokia Business Development Manager to ask him reviewing my application. Additionally i don't know how to find one. What i should do?

Best Regards,
    Noyan
    The received message states:
    If you have a contact within Forum Nokia, such as a Forum Nokia Business Development Manager, please contact that person in order to expedite the reviewing of your membership application.
    So you are not supposed to go search for one, but rather wait patiently for your application to be processed. IF you have such a contact, then you may have the review process expedited because presumably you have a good reason to apply and that contact can speak for this.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

"If you have a contact within Forum Nokia, such as a Forum Nokia Business Development Manager, please contact that person in order to expedite the reviewing of your membership application."

Sorry i don't see the reason why this sentence is not composed like this:

"If you have a contact within Forum Nokia such as a Forum Nokia Business Development Manager, or if you are an Ovi publisher, please contact the business manager person in order to expedite the reviewing of your membership application."

Quote Originally Posted by noyanculum View Post
    "If you have a contact within Forum Nokia, such as a Forum Nokia Business Development Manager, please contact that person in order to expedite the reviewing of your membership application."

Sorry i don't see the reason why this sentence is not composed like this:

"If you have a contact within Forum Nokia such as a Forum Nokia Business Development Manager, or if you are an Ovi publisher, please contact the business manager person in order to expedite the reviewing of your membership application."
    Because not every Ovi publisher has a Forum Nokia "business manager" asigned to him but if you/your company have/has such a contact nothing stops you from using that connection.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Its hard to believe over four weeks has passed now. I dread to think of the size of this backlog.

Really bad Nokia service If there are so many app requests they should hire more people to do the job as well as for the matter of identifying weather an individual is a developer or not .
    i think it should be clear as people who will have apps will post them in their about description!!!.
    I am sure this amount of delay is definitely not doing any good to the company's rep!!!

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Quote Originally Posted by bhairavpardiwala View Post
    Really bad Nokia service If there are so many app requests they should hire more people to do the job as well as for the matter of identifying weather an individual is a developer or not .
    i think it should be clear as people who will have apps will post them in their about description!!!.
    I am sure this amount of delay is definitely not doing any good to the company's rep!!!
    90+% of the people that applied did so thinking they can get some free phones, However, we do not want to miss any one that would benefit from the Launch Pad membership.

LaunchPad is an elite program consider this wait like standing in line to see a great movie.

Ron

Cool Re: About Launchpad, Developer account registration never gets processed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nokia Ron View Post
    LaunchPad is an elite program consider this wait like standing in line to see a great movie.
    Ron

Well if you put it that way then Okey!!

Hey,

I was just wondering if any progress has been made in getting through the applications?

Yeah, How much longer do they think it'll take to get through the backlog?

Regular Contributor

I need to develop NFC apps and thought LP program's offer of free NFC tags would be very useful but alas I see no way to get it before my app passes the testing phase within next week.
    I propose that Nokia can at least send a email confirming on what position we are and how long will the approval take. Does it help if I say 'I DON'T WANT A WM7 phone just the NFtags'?
    Blog: http://nmamobiles.byethost2.com/blog

Quote Originally Posted by rajan.mba View Post
    ... Does it help if I say 'I DON'T WANT A WM7 phone just the NFtags'?
    Nope, it will not help. None of those applying after that offer was sent out will receive any free phone.
    The NFC tag is one expect of the issue, another one is that unless you have a C7 Astound you also have to wait for the Symbian Anna based firmware to be available on your C7... If you do have a C7 Astound, then to speed things up you should buy the NFC tags your application is supposed to use from some other source.
    -- Lucian

Super Contributor

Free NFC tags? Did I miss something here?
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog

I think I have submitted an application a few months ago but never heard anything from Nokia. Anyone on the same boat?

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Applications from businesses were targeted for processing first. and then individual memberships will be evaluated. There were thousands of applications sine the announcement of Windows Phone and we have hired additional staff for processing. Still every application is personally reviewed so this is slow process.

Ron