Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Suspended: Signal 'Exception 0' received. Description: A data abort exception occured

Hello All,

I am developing a bluetooth application in which application will search the bluetooth device with specific name and send the connection request to BT device, BT device accept it and reply with specific data(string). Application will read this data and again send the specific data/string to BT device and store the BT device MAC address. This process is perform at first time of application launch. On second time (i.e. MAC address is stored) application will wait for get the connection request from BT device.

For this I am using "S60_Platform_Bluetooth_Point_to_Multipoint_Example_v2_2_en" example code.

But I get error
    Thread [Thread id: 472] (Suspended: Signal 'Exception 0' received. Description: A data abort exception has occurred..)
    5 Unknown (0x8029342C)() 0x8029342c
    4 CBluetoothEngine::HandleConnectorDataReceivedL() C:\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\Demo\src\BluetoothEngine.cpp:422 0x78e9b420
    3 CConnector::HandleConnectorDataReceivedL() C:\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\Demo\src\Connector.cpp:364 0x78e9eecc
    2 CConnector::RunL() C:\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\Demo\src\Connector.cpp:326 0x78e9ee10
    1 Unknown (0x80290ED8)() 0x80290ed8
    above error comes in BluetoothEngine.cpp in void CBluetoothEngine::HandleConnectorDataReceivedL
    Code:
    void CBluetoothEngine::HandleConnectorDataReceivedL(THostName aName,
                                                                  const TDesC& aData)
        {
    	CEikonEnv::Static()->InfoWinL(_L("HandleConnectorDataReceivedL"),_L(""));
        // display received message
        TBuf<KEighty> msg;
        msg.Format(KFormatStr, &aName, &aData);
        ShowMessageL(msg, EFalse); ///here I get the specific data from BT device after the first time connection

// echo the message to other slaves
        _LIT8(KSeparator, ":");

TBuf8<KEighty> buf; //should use HBufC so the size will be big enough
        TPtr8 msgtext8((TUint8*)buf.Ptr(), aData.Size()+KSeparator().Length() + aName.Size());
        //CnvUtfConverter::ConvertFromUnicodeToUtf8(msgtext8, aData);

//convert name to UTF8 so other slaves see
        //the sender name
        TBuf8<KEighty> bufName;
        TPtr8 name8((TUint8*)bufName.Ptr(), aName.Size());
        //CnvUtfConverter::ConvertFromUnicodeToUtf8(name8, aName);

//add the separator and name in the beginning;
        msgtext8.Insert(0, KSeparator );
        msgtext8.Insert(0, name8);

for (TInt idx=0; idx<KMaxConnectedDevices; idx++)
            {
    	//we reach in for loop but not reach under the if condition. So, I tried to get BT device name before the if condition
    //i.e.
    CEikonEnv::Static()->InfoWinL(_L("BT device name"),iConnectedDevices[1]->iName);
    //at above line application throw the above error
            if ( iConnectedDevices[idx])
                {
                THostName name;
                name=iConnectedDevices[1]->iName;
                 //echo to other slaves than the sender
                if( name.Compare(aName) != 0)
                    iConnectedDevices[1]->SendData(msgtext8);
                }
            }
        }
    Please help for the same.
    Thanks,
    Amit

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Suspended: Signal 'Exception 0' received. Description: A data abort exception occ

Click on "4 CBluetoothEngine::HandleConnectorDataReceivedL() C:\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\Demo\src\BluetoothEngine.cpp:422 0x78e9b420", and it will bring you to line 422 of C:\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\Demo\src\BluetoothEngine.cpp, somewhere inside CBluetoothEngine::HandleConnectorDataReceivedL. And check what that line is.

Regular Contributor

Re: Suspended: Signal 'Exception 0' received. Description: A data abort exception occ

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    Click on "4 CBluetoothEngine::HandleConnectorDataReceivedL() C:\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\Demo\src\BluetoothEngine.cpp:422 0x78e9b420", and it will bring you to line 422 of C:\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\Demo\src\BluetoothEngine.cpp, somewhere inside CBluetoothEngine::HandleConnectorDataReceivedL. And check what that line is.
    Hi Wizard,

for (TInt idx=0; idx<KMaxConnectedDevices; idx++)
    {
    //we reach in for loop but not reach under the if condition. So, I tried to get BT device name before the if condition
    //i.e.
    CEikonEnv::Static()->InfoWinL(_L("BT device name"),iConnectedDevices[1]->iName); //This is line 422 on bluetoothengine.cpp
    //at above line application throw the above error
    if ( iConnectedDevices[idx])
    {
    THostName name;
    name=iConnectedDevices[1]->iName;
    //echo to other slaves than the sender
    if( name.Compare(aName) != 0)
    iConnectedDevices[1]->SendData(msgtext8);
    }
    }
    Thanks,
    Amit

Nokia Developer Moderator

Since you are debugging already, checking the affected array may reveal something (if it does not exist at all, or it has no elements). Getting the actual panic code may also help (if you have the message enabled, it is going to appear after you resume execution).