Discussion Board

Nokia Developer Champion

MeeGo Handset Basic Queries

Hi,
    I am new to Meego and linux. I have installed all the tools and the meego handset emulator is running fine in the linux. but I see some strange things happening with me while using emulator.
    1. if i click on the browse icon of the emulator the search screen comes up but it freezes there and I need to restart my emulator again.
    2. If I click any of the icons , most of them opens with an empty screen.
    3. Is there any MeeGo Handset development doc.
    4. Can I follow the same doc for developing Handset that I have for Netbook?
    5. Please tell me where do I post for MeeGo Handset issue, In Qt General, Qt SDKs and Tools or in Qt Mobility?

Please suggest me.

Super Contributor

Re: MeeGo Handset Basic Queries

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by divanov View Post
    I believe Nokia Forum has a support for Qt.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by somnathbanik View Post
    Hi,
    I am new to Meego and linux. I have installed all the tools and the meego handset emulator is running fine in the linux. but I see some strange things happening with me while using emulator.
    1. if i click on the browse icon of the emulator the search screen comes up but it freezes there and I need to restart my emulator again.
    2. If I click any of the icons , most of them opens with an empty screen.
    3. Is there any MeeGo Handset development doc.
    4. Can I follow the same doc for developing Handset that I have for Netbook?
    5. Please tell me where do I post for MeeGo Handset issue, In Qt General, Qt SDKs and Tools or in Qt Mobility?

Please suggest me.
    As discussed with you in the earlier threads on various occasions, Meego queries are best addressed in the Meego Forum. ( I remember giving you the link to them in those threads)

Edit: Aaah, Daniil has already provided it to you again while this window was open!!

Nokia Developer Champion

I see, no issue, but i belive if i need help regarding Qt then i can knock the door here rght?

I see, no issue, but i belive if i need help regarding Qt then i can knock the door here rght?
    Yes of course..Just like good old times ;-)

Note: Post in appropriate sub-forums for best results.

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Symbian_Neil View Post
    Yes of course..Just like good old times ;-)

Note: Post in appropriate sub-forums for best results.
    I know its nothing to do with this forum but than again as i always get a better suggesation from here so request you if you can have a glance on this post and guide me a bit. If not than also its ok, i will always be greatful to you all
    http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?p=10992#post10992

I know its nothing to do with this forum but than again as i always get a better suggesation from here so request you if you can have a glance on this post and guide me a bit. If not than also its ok, i will always be greatful to you all
    http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?p=10992#post10992
    Unfortunatly I have no experience in Meego, so I wont be of any help to you. But somebody who has the competance will surely help you..Good Luck!

Super Contributor

Hi,
    We don't discuss MeeGo here because the Nokia version, Hartman is not launched and there wont be any Nokia phones until some time in future, as is stated in Wiki articles.

The Wiki articles is here Qt MeeGo QtCreator138 SDK how to install and use on Linux Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
    Wiki

These Qt MeeGo articles are based on Qt Creator 1.38, an old archived version, to give a taste of MeeGo to advanced developers. This version not support Qt Mobility or any current version of Qt. The examples on the opening window compile direct into MeeGo code they use an old version open source Qt Linux.

The fact that meego.com refers readers back to Nokia websites for support is entirely their decision and as Nokia/we do not have a discussion support area for MeeGo AND hijacking of forums is not allowed

The main sponsor for the meego.com is Intel and Moblin which is replacing the notebook version and your can obtain support for images there.

Even thought I am the author of said FN Wiki articles, neither I nor Nokia support these because the MeeGo/Intel folks are the creators of the MeeGo images
    Thanks
    Jim
    Last edited by jimgilmour1; 2010-10-12 at 16:53.