Discussion Board

25 Days waiting for publishing our Nokia Software - and that for 50 euro... nonsense

we are a software development team... we develope software for android and symbian...

25 days ago.. we registered us by ovi and payed 50 euro for publishing our software in the list..

no publishing, no answers to our emails... waht a nonsense.. and that for 50 euro..

Akasya GPS Tracker is our software and is located in http://www.lokalisiere.de...

we are publishing our content by google android market in 5 minutes...

we stopped developing software for nokia.. and hope that nokia ends this nonsense support..

Super Contributor

Re: 25 Days waiting for publishing our Nokia Software - and that for 50 euro... nonse

Where did you send the emails to? Sorry for having been away so long (II am the inofficial Ovi support man here )
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: 25 Days waiting for publishing our Nokia Software - and that for 50 euro... nonse

Quote Originally Posted by xsiox View Post
    we are a software development team... we develope software for android and symbian...

25 days ago.. we registered us by ovi and payed 50 euro for publishing our software in the list..

no publishing, no answers to our emails... waht a nonsense.. and that for 50 euro..

Akasya GPS Tracker is our software and is located in http://www.lokalisiere.de...

we are publishing our content by google android market in 5 minutes...

we stopped developing software for nokia.. and hope that nokia ends this nonsense support..
    Dear xsiox,

Could you please email your inquiries to us at publishtoovi.support@nokia.com and we will be able to look into the issues.
    We apologize for the delay as we are experiencing a lauge influx of inquiries. However, we will do out best to answer all inquiries.

Quote Originally Posted by tamhanna View Post
    Where did you send the emails to? Sorry for having been away so long (II am the inofficial Ovi support man here )
    hello,

thanks for your answer.... the emails has been send directly with the official ovi form after login...

i got from nokia now 5 uids , a key file and a certificate file...

but how must i use now these data to make my software to be published..

hello,

thanks for your answer.... the emails has been send directly with the official ovi form after login...

i got from nokia now 5 uids , a key file and a certificate file...

but how must i use now these data to make my software to be published..
    Ovi says, right after login at publish.ovi.com:
    We have made it easier for Symbian C++ and Adobe Flash Lite developers to package and sign SIS files. Save time and money – instead of the requirement to obtain a Publisher ID or a third party to sign SIS files, Ovi Publish will now do all of this for you... for free.

First, the Ovi Publisher Support team needs the following sent to publishtoovi.support@nokia.com:

Company Name
    Ovi Publish user account login name, and
    IMEI numbers from development device(s) – up to 5
    Once we have your information, we will send you the necessary materials, including: 1) Developer Certificate Key Pair, 2) Developer Certificate Installer and, 3) Nokia provided UID.

Once you have completed your development and testing of your apps, upload the unsigned version to Ovi Publish using the Nokia provided UID – Only this UID will be accepted for unsigned content.

Note: Applications requiring any of the following capabilities still need to be certified through Symbian Signed: MultimediaDD, NetworkControl, CommDD, DiskAdmin, AllFiles, DRM or TCB
    Have you done the following: Once you have completed your development and testing of your apps, upload the unsigned version to Ovi Publish using the Nokia provided UID – Only this UID will be accepted for unsigned content.?

hmmm....
    Note: Applications requiring any of the following capabilities still need to be certified through Symbian Signed: MultimediaDD, NetworkControl, CommDD, DiskAdmin, AllFiles, DRM or TCB

our application sends every minute the gps position to our server.. for tracking on our server....

i received 5 uids from nokia...

must i replace now only uid 2 and uid 3 of my application with your uids...

hmmm....

our application sends every minute the gps position to our server.. for tracking on our server....

i received 5 uids from nokia...

must i replace now only uid 2 and uid 3 of my application with your uids...
    For retrieving GPS info and sending data via network NetworkServices, Location should be enough.

Regarding UID: you should set UID 3 to one of the value from the list of UIDs you have retrieved from Nokia (you see, you could build up to 5 different packages using the UIDs provided by Nokia)

Super Contributor

IMHO, the Nokia provided UIDs are all UID3 type. One UID per project...

The UID2 has very little relevance...
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog