Discussion Board

Thread: Embed file

Embed file

when you open an a image file using CDocumentHandler->OpenFileEmbeddedL(...) and press exit in the image view the parent app exits, is there a way to redefine this behaviour? I want the exit button to behave in the same way as the back button and also I don't want to launch a separate application

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Embed file

have you implemented the MAknServerAppExitObserver ? you should be able to catch the exit there without exiting your own applciation: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...ocumentHandler

Implement and pass MAknServerAppExitObserver to CDocumentHandler.

if I don't call the base class implementation MAknServerAppExitObserver::HandleServerAppExit(aReason); in HandleServerAppExit() my application should not exit right? But it is exiting anyway

Are you now talking about the application that embeds another one ? or actually about the application that gets embedded ?

I am talking about the application that embeds another one,

my application is trying to embed image application and when i exit image application i get a callback to HandleServerAppExit() but my application also gets killed

You would never call HandleServerAppExit from the applciation that embeds another, the application getting embedded would call it to inform you that it is exiting.

Infact I just installed your YBrowser and that is behaving in the same way. YBrowser gets killed when you close the image application, I don't want this to happen in my application

Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    You would never call HandleServerAppExit from the applciation that embeds another, the application getting embedded would call it to inform you that it is exiting.
    So how do I prevent my application's exit?

Of course if user explicitly selects the Exit command from the Menu, you are supposed to exit. anyway, any well behaving embedded application, like the image application, actually shows the back in the right soft-key, that handles the going back.

I'm not going to bother on checking the issue, but surely, you can check whether the exit command comes to your appui's command handler, and if it does, just handle it differently. and if the embedded application really wants to exit, then there is not much that you can do about it.

HandleCommandL is getting the exit command, in fact the HandleServerAppExit's documentation says "This implementation provides Series 60 default behavior for handling of the EAknCmdExit exit code" so that solved it. Thank you.