Discussion Board

C3-00 phone identification via User Agent

I have a loaner C3-00 and I am trying to test our application on the phone via OTA from our server. Every time the phone connects to our server the only string given is "Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.20457/20.2497; U; en) Presto/2.5.25".
    I cannot download applications from getjar.com either because their server does not identify the phone.
    1. How can I turn off the Opera Mini browser and use a normal Nokia phone browsers?
    2. How can a server identify this phone if it does not connect with the User Agent string of the phone?

Super Contributor

Re: C3-00 phone identification via User Agent

Welcome to the Forum Nokia DiBo,

May be the device/browser's was not identified by the server,
    Why dont you download the same on the PC and then transfer to the device.
    Thanks with Regards,

R a j - The K e r n e l

Join Delhi-NCR Nokia Developer's Community,

Sorry, but this does not answer my questions about the Opera mini browser and how the phone identifies its self to a server. I know I can load the application from the computer. What I am trying to determine if this phone can be supported with OTA download. In the present configuration, if it will not report the user_agent of the phone to the server then it cannot be support for OTA download.

Super Contributor

Opera Mini reports the user agent as Opera Mini. There's nothing you can do about it, except ask Opera to change their app so that it also somehow picks up what device Opera Mini is running on, and adds that to the user-agent string. Of course, after Opera has done that, they have to provide such a version to Nokia, and Nokia has to update the phone with that version.

Otherwise, you need to use the phone's built-in browser, if there is one (and Nokia has not removed/disabled their own browser, and made Opera Mini the default).