Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Angry how to get MSISDN of an operator?

hi

I am developing an web application in XHTML MP.

In which i need to restict the page to be dispalyed for a particular user by taking his/her mobile number.

My question how can i get the MSISDN through req.getHeader() in server side.

i have the following parameters for getHeader() method , but thing works.am getting null only.

parameters are ..
    1. X-MSISDN:"
    2.x-huawei-imsi
    3.x-wapcallinglineid
    4.up-calling-line-id
    5.x-wap-calling-line-id

please give a solution

Super Contributor

Re: how to get MSISDN of an operator?

You can only retrieve the MSISDN from the HTTP headers, if the network operator has put it there (the phone's won't).

Now, unfortunately, most operators won't do it, so mostly you won't get it.

Those that do, probably only do it for WAP access point users, and not for Internet access point users. And if the phone is using Wi-Fi, then the operator doesn't even have a chance for doing it.

Sometimes, the operators that support it, charge the receiver (you) for the info, if they supply the MSISDN.

In other words, there is no solution that work with all phones, all operators, all access methods, or even most of them.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by petrib View Post
    You can only retrieve the MSISDN from the HTTP headers, if the network operator has put it there (the phone's won't).

Now, unfortunately, most operators won't do it, so mostly you won't get it.

Those that do, probably only do it for WAP access point users, and not for Internet access point users. And if the phone is using Wi-Fi, then the operator doesn't even have a chance for doing it.

Sometimes, the operators that support it, charge the receiver (you) for the info, if they supply the MSISDN.

In other words, there is no solution that work with all phones, all operators, all access methods, or even most of them.

Thanks for the reply petrib.

Ya.. i Know that depends on operator.
    but the operator for whom am work provides the facility...
    one month b 4 we were successful in it..but for CDMA
    now we are try for GSM ...S60 series and even low version mobile..we oesnt y?
    And for you information am developing for WAp only.

whether the parameter am passing is right...or we need to pass different parameter to get MSISDN through header.
    Please help me..

Super Contributor

If your operator does it, ask them to tell you which header they add to the requests (presumably they have a customer support organization), or just look at all the HTTP headers; I'm sure you spot the MSISDN (especially if you use a phone which' number you already know).

I'm sure that you can find plenty of code examples on the web for showing all HTTP headers that a client sends. I'm also sure you can find many web sites that already do this for you; all you need to do is to connect to them.