Discussion Board

To retrieve album cover of the mp3 file in j2me

Hi everyone

Is it possible in j2me to retrieve the album cover of mp3 file that is encapsulated with it.
    Through metadatacontrol, I am able to know the title, album and length of the mp3 file but how can I get the album cover (Image with the mp3 file) of mp3.

Please help, any suggestions ?
    Please let me know.

Re: To retrieve album cover of the mp3 file in j2me

Quote Originally Posted by SapnaSrivastav View Post
    Hi everyone

Is it possible in j2me to retrieve the album cover of mp3 file that is encapsulated with it.
    Through metadatacontrol, I am able to know the title, album and length of the mp3 file but how can I get the album cover (Image with the mp3 file) of mp3.

Please help, any suggestions ?
    Please let me know.
    Yes. You can get. Cover is nothing but an image and its as simple as to create the image and draw it anywhere over your Canvas UI as per your requirement.

P.S. Before attempting to draw the cover image, Please check the formate, resolution and physical size of the same
    Generally these images are
    1. in .jpg formate, if your target device don't support this formate convert it to the .png formate.
    2. Of very high resolution (1000 x 960 or similar) and hence having big physical size (> 250 KBs or something). So please resize the image resolution and optimize the size of such image in photoshope.

Hope it helps you!!
    Thanks,
    Somendra

http://in.linkedin.com/pub/somendra-singh/4/1a9/703

Quote Originally Posted by ersomendra View Post
    Yes. You can get. Cover is nothing but an image and its as simple as to create the image and draw it anywhere over your Canvas UI as per your requirement.

P.S. Before attempting to draw the cover image, Please check the formate, resolution and physical size of the same
    Generally these images are
    1. in .jpg formate, if your target device don't support this formate convert it to the .png formate.
    2. Of very high resolution (1000 x 960 or similar) and hence having big physical size (> 250 KBs or something). So please resize the image resolution and optimize the size of such image in photoshope.

Hope it helps you!!
    Thanx for suggestion.
    But I have more query regarding this. I want to know--
    1. where ID3V1 and ID3V2 tag are inserted in media file whether at beginning or at end. Because different stnd follow different patterns?
    2. How can I read Images information from these tag?
    3. How can I change programtically the format of image from jpg to png in a mobile?

Quote Originally Posted by SapnaSrivastav View Post
    Thanx for suggestion.
    But I have more query regarding this. I want to know--
    1. where ID3V1 and ID3V2 tag are inserted in media file whether at beginning or at end. Because different stnd follow different patterns?
    2. How can I read Images information from these tag?
    3. How can I change programtically the format of image from jpg to png in a mobile?

1. ID3V1 Tag is placed at the end of the file. This tag contains the 128 bytes in total having some standard fields like Title, artists, album, comment, year and genre. ID3V2 tag is placed at the beginning of the mp3 file to facilitate and get the streaming info. This tag has arbitrary dynamic fields and along with the text metadata it includes frames and image data like album cover.
    2. I don’t know whether there is a standard way to retrieve the ID3 info in j2me. But I believe this can be done by opening the file thru input stream and reading the ID3 tag (for V1 at the end and for V2 at the start of the file). Cover image is physically present as a separate image file in ID3V2 case and you can search this image using File connection API and display it
    3. This conversion is only when your device don’t support the jpg file. And I did not mean to convert it programmatically instead using any image editor before using it in your App
    Thanks,
    Somendra

http://in.linkedin.com/pub/somendra-singh/4/1a9/703

Thanks for your reply . can you explain little bit how to use these tags programetically in j2me?
    Mamatha.S

Nokia Developer Moderator

Although most threads here (on Nokia Developer) say that there is no such thing, you can still check if there is something useful on SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/directory/os:.../?q=java%20id3.