×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    24

    my qt application is shifted upwards

    Hello to all,

    I designed a Qt application that uses tabs .The application is shifted upwards on the mobile so the tabs do not appear.There is plenty of free space at the buttom.If the application is positioned evenly the tabs will easily appear.
    could someone please tell me how to correct that.

  2. #2
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,326

    Re: my qt application is shifted upwards

    Is your platform Symbian?

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    24

    Re: my qt application is shifted upwards

    Yes it is symbian

  4. #4
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Surat, India
    Posts
    277

    Re: my qt application is shifted upwards

    Quote Originally Posted by kzomran View Post
    Yes it is symbian
    I guess it might be the problem of size of your widget. Checkout your mobile screen resolution and then try changing hight and width of your widget
    Thanks,
    Rahul Kulshreshtha
    Please choose Notification type as "Instant Email Notification". It must be default.

  5. #5
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,326

    Re: my qt application is shifted upwards

    Quote Originally Posted by rahul.kulshreshtha View Post
    I guess it might be the problem of size of your widget. Checkout your mobile screen resolution and then try changing hight and width of your widget
    You should avoid using exact size with your widgets. Phones have different screen sizes and so your approach will obviously fail.

  6. #6
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Surat, India
    Posts
    277

    Re: my qt application is shifted upwards

    Quote Originally Posted by divanov View Post
    You should avoid using exact size with your widgets. Phones have different screen sizes and so your approach will obviously fail.
    But when we add any widget then it automatically takes a default size 240, 320 or 320, 240 or 480, 640 or 640,480 etc. There is also option "Default Size" so if we choose any other size instead of "default size" then will it become fixed size? If we have already choosen some fixed size then is there any way to set it on variable size or "default size"
    Thanks,
    Rahul Kulshreshtha
    Please choose Notification type as "Instant Email Notification". It must be default.

  7. #7
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,326

    Re: my qt application is shifted upwards

    Quote Originally Posted by rahul.kulshreshtha View Post
    But when we add any widget then it automatically takes a default size 240, 320 or 320, 240 or 480, 640 or 640,480 etc. There is also option "Default Size" so if we choose any other size instead of "default size" then will it become fixed size? If we have already choosen some fixed size then is there any way to set it on variable size or "default size"
    This is bad design of Qt Creator. However, if you use QWidget::showMaximize(), gemetry property is overriden at runtime.

  8. #8
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,326

    Re: my qt application is shifted upwards

    Are you using QWidget::showMaximized() to show your main widget?

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    24

    Re: my qt application is shifted upwards

    Thank you to you all it was indeed a problem with changing form size but the catch here is that i have to change showMaximized to show like you said.

Similar Threads

  1. First focused button nudges the stage upwards?
    By deepdude in forum [Archived] Flash Lite on Nokia Devices
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2009-12-02, 03:00
  2. ListBox skin shifted
    By Lichtens in forum Symbian User Interface
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 2009-02-24, 23:01

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×