Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any chance to make QA work faster?

It really takes time to publish anything to ovi store.

I've upload new app a week ago. QA review for item has passed in 2 days (that's ok), but item review hasn't yet even started. I have message "Revision 3 of this content file is in the QA review process." and it's currently in pending state. If something is wrong with this app I'll have to wait something like additional 10 days for it to reach ovi store.

That's kinda too long. So are there any plans to make publishing process faster?

Regular Contributor

Re: Any chance to make QA work faster?

I was wondering this too. Especially, why do you need a QA (which takes one week) for a price change, or for removing devices/countries from the distribution?

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi All,

The QA process generally take between 6-8 business days from when you submit your item. However due to the volume of content submission recently there may be some delay. You may also email PublishtoOvi.Support@nokia.com

Thank you
    OviEmma

Did the recent employee reduction impact the resources assigned to the QA review process? I think it's getting slower than usual...

One of our games has been in QA for 27 days and only passed yesterday (now it’s waiting for OVI to publish it) We have a Halloween themed game which we submitted 17 days ago and now is unlikely to make it onto the store for Halloween (I e-mailed publisher support several days ago and they said they’d try and prioritise it however it’s currently still ‘in progress’). In other words, anybody submitting apps to OVI need to allow at least a month (maybe several just in case it doesn’t pass the first time) in order to get their app onto OVI.

When we first started publishing on OVI our apps would be on the store within a week of submitting them, the time it’s taken an app to go through QA has been slowly increasing over the past year. A month is a very long time to wait for an app to be on the store or for an update to be released. I know that in the past OVI have listened to developers (for example reducing the cost of signing apps) and so I’m sure they will eventually sort the problem out.

fp_david, thank you for this info. Guess I can stop hittinf F5 in my "content item" page since I submitted my game only 2 days ago. If you study the statistics regarding OVI store one can easely calculate that the traffic is growing exponentially...

Just a curiosity, delays of QA are for individual developers only or companies experience the same problem? What about support, do you receive the answers after 4-5 days or in a reasonable time?

For me the support has been very fast, aswered to my emails in couple of days. (I have only sent them the necessary mails about the first steps of publishing).

Regular Contributor

I have a company account. Before 2 weeks support emails got answered after 2 days, recently it takes much longer.
    QA seems totally overloaded at the moment. For some items I have been already waiting for more than 2 weeks. Even things like changing prices takes so long (at the moment)...

Quote Originally Posted by jetrix74 View Post
    For me the support has been very fast, aswered to my emails in couple of days. (I have only sent them the necessary mails about the first steps of publishing).
    Wow, interesting definition of 'very fast'. From my hosting provider I get the answers withing couple of hours Any way thanks for the answer, it looks that the OVI experiencing a real growth, many more publishers, more requests to support - longer answer. Let's hope that situation will improve soon...

pippo, ok I admit , I was just so positively supprised after reading about the delays people have experienced with ovi staff...

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by pixsta View Post
    I have a company account. Before 2 weeks support emails got answered after 2 days, recently it takes much longer.
    QA seems totally overloaded at the moment. For some items I have been already waiting for more than 2 weeks. Even things like changing prices takes so long (at the moment)...
    Same thing here. Plus, I also get notices about existing content all the time...
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by tamhanna View Post
    ...Plus, I also get notices about existing content all the time...
    Yep, here too.

Maybe someone have a specific mail address to get any reply from OVI support? The standard methods (form in Publisher account, and direct mailing to PublishToOvi.Support@nokia.com) do not seems to work even in 4-5 working days time frame. Maybe someone from that team reads this forum?

Believe it or not, my first app got QA tested and published in 5 hours. I remember I submitted it at 11 pm, I woke up the next day and I already had sales. That was January though, in Feb-March updates to said app took a couple of days, then a week, in August my second app IIRC took 11 days to get published, the first update to it ( Sept ) took 18 days, now the second update is in QA for 13 days already....