Discussion Board

Simulator resolution

Hi, new to Nokia dev, with a stupid question, but searched and found no answer.
    All examples I've tried on the Qt simulator are of a different resolution that the screen of the simulator. This makes all examples unusable to run. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there some obvious workaround/feature I'm missing?
    I'm building against what looks like Qt 4.7 for the desktop (no obvious way for me to revert to 4.6.3).

Thanks.

Super Contributor

Re: Simulator resolution

Hi,

Are you targetting Desktop or Mobile platform?

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by wetnose View Post
    Hi, new to Nokia dev, with a stupid question, but searched and found no answer.
    All examples I've tried on the Qt simulator are of a different resolution that the screen of the simulator. This makes all examples unusable to run. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there some obvious workaround/feature I'm missing?
    I'm building against what looks like Qt 4.7 for the desktop (no obvious way for me to revert to 4.6.3).

Thanks.
    Welcome to Forum Nokia Discussions

You are right in some ways there are two mobile simulators one shows the N95 3rd Edition and one for the N97 5th edition. In many case you have to try changing the simulator control screen from portrait to landscape and try the n97.

Some of the Qt Creator 2.0.1 examples come from the desktop and are not target at Mobile some examples are Graphics not available on Mobile so they dont work at all.

Open up the forms designer and look at properties of form maxWidth if its bigger than 320 pixels the picture rolls off the screen, in much the same manner as web page.
    You can drag the window widget form width down then try again and play with this to see what you get!.
    Just save and re run in simulator much quicker than sending to device.
    Thanks,
    Jim

Mobile, the N8

Many years ago, i found that when developing application on different sceen resolutions environment,
    you have to scale your drawings and ui elements with simple calculations.

But bitmaps are different. If you have designed a good looking bitmap for 32*32 pixels, how automatically
    change the content of bitmap, that it looks great on the 16*16 pixel's environment too.

I think, that bitmap designing and scaling to different resolution envrinomens is the hardest
    work - and specially for the scarce resource device's environment.
    Last edited by teknikko; 2010-11-08 at 20:34.