Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nokia Developer Champion

Exclamation Library links always bounce back to FN homepage on first visit

Whenever I click on a link or bookmark to the FN Library, I end up at the homepage. If I then click the link a second time I get to the page I intended to visit. This is very frustrating.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Library links always bounce back to FN homepage on first visit

I see that almost all the time with Crome (and Firefox before taking Chrome into regular use) and I've been reporting this as well. Funny enough, when I asked today the web team to give it a try and experience it themselves, they could not reproduce it.

So, let's keep one eye on this and update here whenever we find a pattern that would allow us to reproduce the issue. Please take note of the browser used, whether you are logged-in or not to the web site, ...
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Btw, are you getting bounced back to the FN homepage or to Library's home page? I'm seeing the later in my case.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Nokia Developer Champion

You're right, it's the library home page.

Super Contributor

I have also face the same problem, when I directly want to go inside the library's internal page ( suppose java, location API),
    By clicking that link I reach to the home page of the library.
    Again I have to copy that link and paste in to the address.

Best regards,

There is now an internal ticket on this issue. Hopefully we will see it fixed soon.
    -- Lucian

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

This happens on Wiki if you are logged in but does not happen if you aren't logged in. Does that matter on the Library links?

Ron

I just tried to open this thread's link from the notification email. It worked (I was logged in) but something seemed suspicious so I logged out, closed the browser and then clicked the link again. Same behavior here too, I am taken to the homepage of the DiBo after briefly seeing the correct URL being accessed. Somewhere there is a redirect being called for the wrong reasons, apparently for all the sections of this site.
    -- Lucian

I have done the Google search with library target test as well. First I logged off, then I restarted the browser and the Google link worked. Then logged in, and in the same browser session the link worked again. I then restarted the browser and repeated the Google search. This time I was logged in (the "Remember me" cookie) and the link failed to open the targeted page.
    -- Lucian

I also regularly see this issue. If I follow a link from Google to the library then I get the library home page, if I click back and then follow the same link again, I get the page I wanted. I'm using Firefox. I'm logged in.

It seems there's some sort of cookie(?) timeout effect because if I do one search and then another, even in a new tab or window, then I don't get re-directed to the library home page the second time. However I virtually never actually start a new browser session - I just hibernate overnight and keep going the next day. Search on a new day will show the same problem - I can try again tomorrow to confirm...

EDIT: OK, I forgot to update but I can confirm having this problem without restarting the browser every day since my original post.

Wiki Moderators

Yep! First time without logging in FN is a prob - leads to parent homepage. Accessing the link 2nd time is not a problem.

Same issue is with Dibo, Blogs and Wiki. For the Wiki it seemed to be fixed but occasionally gives away.
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com

A Google search for "forum nokia links library" has this thread as top link, yet to get here you have to click once, get redirected to DiBo's main view, then go back to search result and click once more on the link.

Do we fix this or get a new site altogether?

Similar complaints can be found at:
    -- Lucian

I'm seeing this a lot too, when clicking Google links into the library, it's very frustrating. First time it shows the library front page, click back, click link again and it works. Happens with Opera and Chrome.

Any news on that internal ticket, Lucian?

Yes, the ticket is "progressing". It took the vendor months to acknowledge that the problem exists and it is reproducible, so now in a few more months we should be seeing a fix ...
    -- Lucian

Nokia Developer Expert

I'm sorry to say, this problem couldn't be fixed after all But stay tuned for library improvements!

//Piia