Discussion Board

Super Contributor

Please Help! 3360 & PC composer 3.3

Posted by Scott Hergenrader, snootalope@aol.com
    on January 28, 2002 at 23:43

I'm trying to write a tone for my phone using this suite. I have a laptop with the IR port rollin.. the phone and the laptop see each other and connect yet I can not send any ring tone at all to my phone.. I just get the error message "Setting Ringing tune failed. Tune Unusable" Well, I tried short tunes, long tunes, slow tunes and fast tunes and get the message every time. Pleae Please someone help!!
    *I have a 3360* And it's one of the requirements too.

Super Contributor

RE: Please Help! 3360 & PC composer 3.3

Posted by zoe smith, zoeinusa@yahoo.fr
    on January 31, 2002 at 22:41

That's because your software version on your 3360 does not support it, and neither does anyone else who has the 3360. You need ver 1.05? to check software ver press *#06# on phone. As far as I know, no new software has been reseased yet to use the ring composer.

I just called Nokia yesterday, and through much tmie spent waiting, i eventually learned that you need version 1.07. I don't like the idea of sending off my phone, and waiting, so if anyone knows where i can download it myself, drop me a line.

I was told I needed a newer version of the software. With the newest version you can send e-mail pictures. To check the version *#9999#. Nokia is on 5.17 at the moment.