Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

trial and full versions submbission

Hello,

Could somebody explain what is the way for submitting a trial version of a product that contains the option to purchase the full version (inside the app) ?

It makes sense to submit both the trial and the full version at the same time (or rather one just after the other) so to have them published at the same time or with only a short delay, but how can you put the link to the full version in the trial when you don't have the URL of the full version until it is published. Or do you?

If not, do you need to submit the trial version only after the full version was published in order to be able to include the link?

Thanks in advance.

Re: trial and full versions submbission

Quote Originally Posted by RomanAge View Post
    Hello,

Could somebody explain what is the way for submitting a trial version of a product that contains the option to purchase the full version (inside the app) ?

It makes sense to submit both the trial and the full version at the same time (or rather one just after the other) so to have them published at the same time or with only a short delay, but how can you put the link to the full version in the trial when you don't have the URL of the full version until it is published. Or do you?

If not, do you need to submit the trial version only after the full version was published in order to be able to include the link?

Thanks in advance.
    Publish full version first. I think it's the only way atm.

Other, less graceful approach is to use some intermediate url, like url to web-page on your own site where full version is described and link to ovi is placed (when full version is published in Ovi).

Regular Contributor

Thank you for your answers, Pavel and Damavik.
    By the way in October newsletter they talked about in-app purchases, but I don't think it can be implemented yet.

As I heared in-app purchases would be available only in next several monts. And such API would be dedicated for the Qt runtime. So, no possible usage in "old-fashion" AVKON apps.

Quote Originally Posted by RomanAge View Post
    Hello,

Thanks in advance.
    You can use http://tiny.cc/
    it' nice tool and you will see statistics how many people really click buy full version from your game.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Pavel.Rusin View Post
    Publish full version first. I think it's the only way atm.
    No need to publish. The Ovi ID gets assigned the mkoment you create the content item!!!!
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog

Nokia Developer Expert

This is correct. Basically once you create a content item, the last 5 digits in the url is the content ID. E.g. https://publish.ovi.com/content_items/show/XXXXX. In the Ovi Store, the url will be rendered as http://store.ovi.com/content/XXXXX. You may place this in your trial application before submitting your content item.

Kindly inform the Publisher Support team when you have decided to upload your content and we can notify the QA team of this link.

Best regards,
    OviAndrew
    Ovi Store Publisher Support
    http://publish.ovi.com/

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by tamhanna View Post
    No need to publish. The Ovi ID gets assigned the mkoment you create the content item!!!!

That's a very interesting piece of information.

Thank you very much Tamhanna, and OviAndrew.

Super Contributor

It was a pleasure to be useful!
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog