Discussion Board

3650 Video Recorder - Won't Record

I downloaded the Video Recorder Update for the 3650 and I now can't record video clips anymore. As soon as I select the 'Record' option I get the message:

"Video Recorder on stand-by: Open Cover"

What has gone wrong?

I can also see when I view the Certificate Information that it says:

Problem
    "Root Certificate not self-signed" - Although this may be totally unrelated....

Can anybody tell me what I need to do to get it working again?

Super Contributor
    Hi,

Are you sure you downloaded the version for the 3650, not for the 7650?

Best regards,
    V / Forum Nokia

Yes - it is the 3650 version, i.e. Nokia_3650_Video_Recorder.SIS

In fact I have unistalled the video recorder several times, re-downloaded the SIS file and have tried re-installing both from PC Suite and then by transferring the .SIS file to the handset and installing from there. Still without success and still the same error message.

Actually the first time I tried to use it after the initial installation it DID work and I got Sound too. Then my son was playing with it...and it hasn't worked since.

I am beginning to suspect that something has been 'triggered' within the handset rather than a problem with the application - but I don't really know... any more ideas?

Ok Problem Solved.

I recently installed demo versions of Handy Day & Handy Safe from Epocware. I uninstalled both products plus the Video Recorder update and the Video Recorder started to function again. I have now re-applied the Video update and it works correctly with sound.

The problem would therefore appear to lie with either Handy Day or Handy Safe.