Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

apps appearing many times in the "new" section of OVI

I want to ask about something that is still a mystery to me: applications that I see regularly appearing in the "new" pages of the OVI store.
    I understand that for many applications, being in the "new" pages is the only way they will ever be visible (unless they go to the best sellers), so one part of me thinks that it is done on purpose, how? I don't know.

But I also suspect it may be genuine, as the result of an update, most likely just adding some new models of devices to the list, then resubmit, QA again...is that what it is?

So I would like to know, what happens when an application is updated (whether the item, the metadata, or anything), it goes to QA again, then is it going to appear in the "new" pages again?
    And what happens while it is in QA, is the current version removed from the OVI, or does it stay until the new one is published?

Thanks, I have a limited experience so far, and it's not easy to get those answers.

Regular Contributor

Re: apps appearing many times in the "new" section of OVI

From my experience, every change (new device, description, etc.) brings your app on the "new" page. But I don't see a significant change in sales when the app is on the "new"-page.
    The only thing which really boosts sales is a placement on the store-frontpage.

Regular Contributor

Thanks Pixsta,
    By "store-frontpage" do you mean the "recommended" section? I'm sure you're right about that boosting sales.

Regular Contributor

I mean the page which is visible when you access store.ovi.com directly.