Discussion Board

Nokia QTSdk Update to PR 1.3

Hi,
    i updated NokiaQtSdk but in build configuration i see P.R 1.2 and NOT P.R 1.3. When will be update th SDK?

Super Contributor

Re: Nokia QTSdk Update to PR 1.3

When it's ready.

Nokia Developer Moderator

When have you updated the SDK? The updates currently available say for the Maemo package

Maemo Application Development toolchain for Fremantle devices
    Update Info: Updated to PR 1.3
    I'm in the process of downloading the update myself, but is it so that the updated received does not contain Qt 4.7 and the rest of the PR 1.3 features? That would be a bug to be reported at bugreports.qt.nokia.com
    Last edited by ltomuta; 2010-10-28 at 15:16. Reason: typo
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Super Contributor

The question is probably about Nokia Qt SDK, which is version 1.0.1 on the official download page.
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n...ia_Qt_SDK.html
    Why it was not updated as obviously reinstalling offline version of SDK is much safer option than online update for a time being.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Ok, I have the update done on my end. Under Maemo there is still a 4.6.2 directory but inside the content has been updated and for example the Qt 4.7 libraries are included. Similarly I expect to see PR1.2 references but those are probably just strings which should have been updated but they haven't, for one reason or another.

If you find any such (or bigger) problems, please report them as bugs.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

@ltomuta :

I have done applications for about 10 years on the MS envrionment, but never before met so messy environment like this S or Q is.

Actually in common language when we are discussing about diffferent environments, it is very confusing, when strict
    naming of each product environment is missing.

Like :

-Symbian C++
    -Never heard about Qt C++ (could be a good way to restrict Symbian C++ between Qt C++)
    -Symbian Qt
    -Qt for Symbian

and so on.

Thanks to you.

Super Contributor

In general there are one language and two libraries:
    C++, Avkon and Qt. Qt is cross platforms, thus, has ports to Unix, Linux, Windows and the most recent port to Symbian,

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    Ok, I have the update done on my end. Under Maemo there is still a 4.6.2 directory but inside the content has been updated and for example the Qt 4.7 libraries are included. Similarly I expect to see PR1.2 references but those are probably just strings which should have been updated but they haven't, for one reason or another.

If you find any such (or bigger) problems, please report them as bugs.
    Hi Lucian,
    I have upgraded to PR 1.3 (firmware version 20.2010.36-2) the international version.
    Then upgraded Nokia Qt SDK to latest version of the OFFLINE version

I built collidingmice.deb and it works
    Thanks,
    Jim

Super Contributor

Hi,
    Good news. The update to Maemo 4.7 and N900 PR 1.3 means I can run the OFFLINE Nokia Qt SDK OpenGL example hellogl_es2 by simply renaming this to project example helloglES2 because the debian packager does not like _ underscores in the file name.

C:\NokiaQtSDK\Examples\4.6\opengl\hellogl_es2 to C:\NokiaQtSDK\Examples\4.6\opengl\helloglES2 and rename hellogl_es2.pro to helloglES2.pro
    The directory name remains 4.6 but in fact everything seems work as 4.7.
    Imported the project helloglES2.pro. Select only the Maemo target when asked and build all.

I then sent the file hellogles2_0.0.1_armel.deb to N900 using latest version of Pc Suite which supports n900 file transfer over the USB cable.
    Install using shell and "dpkg -i hellogles2_0.0.1_armel.deb" then run from /usr/local/bin/hellogles2, use the slider to control the size of the Qt symbol and check the FPS, on mine this peaks at 72 fps

Thanks,
    Jim
    Last edited by jimgilmour1; 2010-11-02 at 08:46.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by jimgilmour1 View Post
    Hi,
    Good news. The update to Maemo 4.7 and N900 PR 1.3 means I can run the OFFLINE Nokia Qt SDK OpenGL example hellogl_es2 by simply renaming this to project example helloglES2 because the debian packager does not like _ underscores in the file name.

C:\NokiaQtSDK\Examples\4.6\opengl\hellogl_es2 to C:\NokiaQtSDK\Examples\4.6\opengl\helloglES2 and rename hellogl_es2.pro to helloglES2.pro
    The directory name remains 4.6 but in fact everything seems work as 4.7. Imported the project
    helloglES2.pro. Select only the Maemo target when asked and build.
    I then sent the file to N900 using latest version of Pc Suite which supports n900 file transfer over the USB cable.
    Thanks,
    Jim
    I was executing this examples back to sales release for performance investigation. What could be a problem before PR1.3?

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by divanov View Post
    I was executing this examples back to sales release for performance investigation. What could be a problem before PR1.3?
    Dont know. First time have got this working now!. So many things have been changed in Nokia Qt SDK, plus the PR 1.3.
    The motivation was due to Lucian saying the Symbian Open GL was available for N8, thought I would try Maemo N900.

Perhaps you were using the original scratchbox compilers under Linux. Qt Open GL works fine under Linux.
    Jim

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by jimgilmour1 View Post
    Perhaps you were using the original scratchbox compilers under Linux. Qt Open GL works fine under Linux.
    I was using Maemo SDK.