Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Faster support for registered publishers

Dear Forum Nokia members,

If you are already registered as a publisher in Ovi Publish, you can directly contact your Ovi Publish Support team at publishtoovi.support@nokia.com. This will enable the team to provide you with support you need to publish your content on Ovi Store.

Thanks
    Ovi Publish Support team

Re: Faster support for registered publishers

Quote Originally Posted by Nokia Ron View Post
    Dear Forum Nokia members,

If you are already registered as a publisher in Ovi Publish, you can directly contact your Ovi Publish Support team at publishtoovi.support@nokia.com. This will enable the team to provide you with support you need to publish your content on Ovi Store.

Thanks
    Ovi Publish Support team
    Hello, I've contacted using the form from Publisher account and directly by e-mail. No response Maemo 5 package in QA already 2 full weeks, any hope of moving forward?

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi

Suggest you include in the subject heading - QA for app very delayed.

Thank you

The process of OVI QA should be enhanced as most of the developers are contributing free but if it'll take 1 month time just to publish, then the enthusiasm will be destroyed..

The OVI QA is a big EPIC FAIL.
    If we look at the new applications included, we find that only a few per day and many of them made with the App Wizard (therefore do not require analysis of anything).
    "6-8 business day" is a big lie!!

Quote Originally Posted by debasishsahu4u View Post
    The process of OVI QA should be enhanced as most of the developers are contributing free but if it'll take 1 month time just to publish, then the enthusiasm will be destroyed..
    you're right

Ovi Store was swamped from the end of November until the end of December and has repeatedly apologized for the delays.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Nokia Ron View Post
    Ovi Store was swamped from the end of November until the end of December and has repeatedly apologized for the delays.

Ron
    I think (and hope to Nokia) that this increase in demand will increase even more. Or am I wrong? If so what is the solution you propose? It would be ridiculous in the coming months, your answer was always the same: "Repeatedly apologized for the delays".

"Errare humanum est, perseverare autem diabolicum", isn't it? :P

Quote Originally Posted by alexodus View Post
    I think (and hope to Nokia) that this increase in demand will increase even more. Or am I wrong?
    This holiday rush was an exception it was not the normal increase. However, I don't think you are wrong, I think Ovi Store and the publishing process will evolve at a faster pace than demand.

Ron

mmmmh....QA Testing team reset the waiting time for every publisher's error. I my case 25days for the first error and presumably, another 2 weeks for the second (Vendor Name). Interact with this system is really impossible.

Same here, waiting about 2 weeks then rejected due to metadata issue, I turned it around same day but still it slid back to the start of the queue and sat there for another 2 weeks.
    I thought I was doing exactly what Nokia wanted by developing a cross platform Qt app for Symbian and Maemo, Nokia's reward was to keep my Maemo app sitting there for 30 days and counting without a sniff of activity.

"Qt: Write once, wait forever"

Regular Contributor

Hi, one week ago I wrote the request for Publisher UID and keys needed to pack correctly with Nokia Smart Installer. Until now I didn't get any response. How long should I wait?

Nokia Developer Expert

Quote Originally Posted by pippo2010 View Post
    Hello, I've contacted using the form from Publisher account and directly by e-mail. No response Maemo 5 package in QA already 2 full weeks, any hope of moving forward?
    Hi

Please email publishtoovi.support@nokia.com again and mention in subject that QA is delayed for 2 weeks.

Thank you

Hi,

My latest app was initially submitted in December last year also rejected because of a metadata issue. I've emailed publishtoovi.support@nokia.com and contacted support through the publisher portal. I've not had any responses from support since the app was rejected.

I've discovered today that the app is now available on the store! This is great news. I did not receive the "Media passed quality assurance" email which is strange.

What I have suggested via email and would also like to suggest here is that if media fails because of metadata issues, e.g. wrong UID, have the tester update the media, don't make it do another round of QA. This will make everybodys life easier. I know developers are responsible for uploading and editing their own content, but come on guys, use a little common sense.

The other think I would like to suggest is that you weight the level of support given based on past performance (like iTunes do) So the more downloads a publisher has, the quicker their request is dealt with.

Many Thanks,

Alex

ANOTHER EPIC FAIL BY OVI QA TEAM.
    My application is now published but it's not LISTED!!! In "Type" field there is "Undefined" but it's an application!!!
    Please refund my time, your quality is very awful.
    PS: do not apologize, it's shameful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast