Discussion Board

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Angry Re: Faster support for registered publishers

ANOTHER EPIC FAIL BY OVI QA TEAM.
    My application is now published but it's not LISTED!!! In "Type" field there is "Undefined" but it's an application!!!
    Please refund my time, your quality is very awful.
    PS: do not apologize, it's shameful

Re: Faster support for registered publishers

If you unpublish an application, and republish it without any change, you HAVE TO wait another 2 weeks to see anagin your application on OVI STORE. Ahahahah, OVI STORE is a crappy system!!!

Regular Contributor

I have a rhetorical question. Nokia smartphone share is down from 40% to 31%. And a 21% fall in profits (link http://mashable.com/2011/01/27/nokias-profits-fall/). Yet, if you want to submit your app, you've got to do it the hard way - scan the papers, wait for 6-8 days ( which in reality as i understand takes 15-20 days) for your free app to get into ovi store. It seems that Nokia has no interest in having applications in their ovi store. Compare it with android : 1 minute to publish, 25$ to pay. Compare it to apple : 3 days in testing,99$ to pay. Go figure.

Hi,

1. I submitted Trial(Free) and Full(paid) version of my QT-Application.

2. After 21 days QA got approved and both the Applications got published (as per OVI support team and my Publisher account).

3. In Ovi store only Trial version of my Application is visible and Full version is not at all visible by any means.

4. Communicated with OVI support team and provided all the needed information to them.

5. It is more than 7 days after so called "publishing" and No one is able to find the Full version Application.

I have no hope now. It was my biggest fault to develop for OVI, I got only disappointment, depression and frustation in return. I can't describe my condition using words.

What Ovi can do for me now ??

A. Refund the time and resources invested in the development.
    or,
    B. Return back my Name value that I lost for not providing the Full version.

Thank you
    Nature is the best Architect and Humans are one of "HER" best creation. . .

Well to me it was good. I send my app last wednesday to QA, now is Tuesday and my app is already published. Thank you Nokia.

HI Guys

Hope you guys can help us out .

we are building an Audio App using QT tech and testing on our e7 device. one of the main features of this app allows the user to record his voice while a playback is happening simultaneously. only problem is the record audio switches off when playback is on. to explain further

2.The device supports audio input & output in asynchronous only so when audio input is on, the output is malfunction, while audio output is on, the audio input is malfunction).

3. i am not sure is it due to the limitation of the device or there is any way to tune the device to control the input & output function synchronously because it's working perfectly in the Simulator but not in the nokia symbian device.

here are the tests we have done so far

Test 1: when music=on, recording=on, then playback(music+recorded)=can hear music but voice recording either cannot hear or in unrecognized noises.

Test 2: when music=off, recording=on, then playback(music+recorded)=can hear music and voice recording perfectly.

Test 3: when music=off, recording=on, but added the other apps sound play such as turn on the radio apps, then when recording, the external audio muted automatically, when playback(music+recorded)=can hear music only and voice recording either cannot hear or in unrecognized noises.

Could anyone throw some light on this for us?

Appreciate your thoughts for us

sincerely
    Joshua