Discussion Board

Nokia Developer Champion

Nokia Qt for IPhone & Android

Hi,
    As we know that Qt supports the following platforms http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7/supported-platforms.html. The only thing that I can see here to fly Qt on sky is the Qt lib for IPhone and Android. Is there any possibilities that Qt will bring SDKs for IPhone and Android also? What say?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Nokia Qt for IPhone & Android

if it is not on the public roadmaps, then any infomration regarding to any possible port is missing. This could indeed indicate that there are no work done for it, or it could as well indicate that there are simply no public infomration to announce. Anyway, if the public roadmaps are not having any information, then I would suppose there are no information available.,

Nokia Developer Champion

hi i got this information about Android SDK for Qt. please let me know about this http://code.google.com/p/android-lighthouse/

basically anybody could start a porting project, since the source codes are freely available.

Quote Originally Posted by somnathbanik View Post
    hi i got this information about Android SDK for Qt. please let me know about this http://code.google.com/p/android-lighthouse/
    That is a nice finding indeed, but what do you expect from this question? It seems to have pretty good getting started stuff.

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    That is a nice finding indeed, but what do you expect from this question? It seems to have pretty good getting started stuff.
    I was actually trying to find out some crossplatform development tool and I find Qt the best one till now for me. but it doesn't support all mobile platform. So I was assuming if Qt also support for android and iphone then that would be really great.

As we have seen in the example of Flash, support of any given technology on iOS largely depends on the mood of Steve Jobs. If there was an official and public Nokia attempt for porting Qt to iPhone, I expect that someone would have pointed it out for you already (you are repeatedly asking about Qt availability for a couple months as I remember). So either there is none, or it is not public (because of ongoing "political discussions" in the background or anything else). In any case we can assume that it is not available.
    For garage projects (like the one you have found for Android), you can look around on the aggregator sites (SourceForge, Google Code, there may be other ones, I do not know), but I guess you have already done that, since you have found the Android-stuff. Amongts the active FN members, now you seem to be the one who knows the most about availability of Qt on non-Nokia mobile platforms.

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Iphone Dev View Post
    The Qt also provides applications for iphone and android and provides detailed information of porting app for iphone and android to Qt.
    Would you please give me some link where I can get it started.