Discussion Board

Super Contributor

Any way to check QA Status ?

Hi,
    I have been trying to publish a very simple app since August.
    Unfortunately only the first time it got through the whole QA, resulting in a faillure...
    So we have fixed the problem, and since then we have been trying to get thorugh the QA....
    The biggest problem is that I cannot see the status of the QA unless I actually edit the content item and look into the distribution tab. This results in the AQ being halted, and if you forget to "submit the changes" (none were made, I only wanted to see the QA status!!!!) it will remain halted...
    Is there some other way to check the status without having to edit the content ? If not when do you guys plan to implement this, to me it seems like an obvious functionality ?
    thanks
    Note: please don't send private questions to me, as I don't have time to provide private support. All such questions should be posted on public forums, where I and others can see and answer them.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Any way to check QA Status ?

at least the general status is shown in Content tab the under "QA Overview".

I might be wrong, but my understanding is that the moment you edit your file it goes to the back of the QA queue So if you're editing it every few days (even if you submit changes afterwards) it will keep being pushed to the back of the queue and it'll never make it onto the OVI store.

My game has been on que (pending) for 10 days. I have checked the content page every now and then. Now for some reason the "latest updates in content" says that I have edited the content 1 day a go. I am positive that I have not edited the content? Hopefully I did not lose 9 days and end up at the back of the queue. oh well....

It says that the QA team has updated the content. It's a good sign

Utumno, tanks for the info.

My last app is in pending from 11 days.... and a previous app edited by me is in pending from 15 days...
    i'm very angry for the situation...

Super Contributor

Did you try to send them an email?
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog

Patience is a virtue I don't believe that 11 (or 15) days is the limit which after you should further add to QA's workload by sending them emails... or is it?
    Last edited by jetrix74; 2010-11-16 at 23:13.

Super Contributor

I dont' know, in my case it depends on deadlines... which are pretty difficult to estimate if you count 5 days for publishing but
    a) I cannot check the progress without editing the content, thus resetting the QA queue
    b) it might take 11 (or 15) days instead of 5

So it's probably a good system for developers which actually have like no deadlines or contracts with 3rd party's but for a software developing company which actually does have contracts this is (at the moment) a completely unprofessional solution...
    Note: please don't send private questions to me, as I don't have time to provide private support. All such questions should be posted on public forums, where I and others can see and answer them.

Quote Originally Posted by jetrix74 View Post
    Patience is a virtue I don't believe that 11 (or 15) days is the limit which after you should further add to QA's workload by sending them emails... or is it?
    So what do you believe would be an appropriate time frame to send a query to OVI?
    The publisher tool still states that the item should be published in 6-8 days and there is no indication of a backlog in the publisher tool?
    I am sure that many publishers dont visit this forum (I didnt until recently) and thus are not getting this important information leaving them wondering what the hell is going on...
    If the publisher tool explained that they are overloaded and that the QA process could take 2 weeks to a month then this would be a non issue...
    For example BlackBerry app store takes 2 weeks for QA and it is clearly indicated on the publish tool, nobody ever complains until the 2 weeks is up.
    Makes sense, no?
    Cheers,
    Jon

I don't know... The reason I said that was that my app was pending day 20 at that time and I hadn't mailed QA yet. I don't think that the QA people need our mails to understand that they are running behind and maybe thay are waiting to see where does the QA-time settle after this temporary situation, before they adjust the "6-8 days" -statement.

At least I got a mail saying that the QA team has been " flooded with new content/application" and I think that the same mail has been sent to all registered developers...

But you are right, they should add some info to the content page stating that the QA-time is temporarely much longer...
    Last edited by jetrix74; 2010-12-15 at 19:48.