Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question App QA Passed but not available on OVI STORE

Hello,

Today arrived me an email for the published my app on OVI STORE (My first app created with Ovi App Wizard), but i go to link of my app and appears the following message:

Sorry, this item is no longer available.

The QA Review was passed. Why the my app is not visible on OVI Store ?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: App QA Passed but not available on OVI STORE

often it takes awhile after the QA has passed, untill the application is actually added to the store, so please wait for awhile again, and if the problem still persists, then send email and query the status from the ovi support.

Thanks for reply
    From the moment that arrive the email for occurred published on the store, how long it takes before it is displayed on the OVI STORE?

Hello sir
    i m also suffering wid same problem....
    it has almost been 48 hours since i recieved an e mail that my content has been published...But when i click on link it says"content not availabe"... Can you please help me out??
    i created application Save Tigers

Nokia Developer Moderator

I'm not official Ovi support, thus I can not see status or any other infomration from the accounts. Anyway, if you log into your publicer account, you could try using the contact us form from the support tab, and ask more instructions.

Anyway, on weekends I would give them the extra two days, I'm not so certain how many people at QA would be working there on weekends.

Super Contributor

Nokia has recently sent out an issue acknoledging delays in processing.

Please wait a day or two more...
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi All,

Thank you for your inquiries. Since Nov. 3rd, 2010, there has been an issue with contents being updated and published in the store. Any changes or publications made after Nov.3rd is not displaying in the store. The R&D team is aware of this issue and has been working hard to resolve it. They have already found the root cause and are working on the fix. Rest assured, all contents that have been passed and published, will show up in the store once the fix is implemented.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding in advance.
    If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,

OviBecca
    Ovi Store Publisher Support

Smile Re: App QA Passed but not available on OVI STORE

Thanks for information
    Can you please let us know that till when is this delay expected to be over and wen will services be normal...????

WOW! What an unbelievable mess!
    OVI = Anti Developer lol
    Its funny with all this nightmare going on they release a survey for publisher satisfaction... HAHAHA. What a joke! Maybe they should focus on repairing the most basic of services before releasing a survey?
    Why cant there even be basic communication like, Hey the publisher tool is broken until further notice, or hey we created a new content area for your Qt content but you will have to resubmit all your items and rebuild your adds before it can be viewed in the store.
    They seem to be able to send publishers stuff like surveys but important information to the publisher is buried in obscure forum posts and articles? HORRIBLE!

Cheers,
    Jon
    Last edited by Jon Heron; 2010-11-10 at 22:16.

OviBecca: My Ovi publisher account has a link to "Ovi publisher alerts". PLEASE make use of this link to post announcements about known issues and don't let us find out about problems by accident while browsing the forums.

As I have already mentioned in your development survey, the e-mail support is primitive. Ovi needs to implement a ticket number-based system where tickets can be created from the web interface, can be tracked and CAN BE TAKEN TO COMPLETION. E-mailing publishtoovi.support is like playing the lottery, sometimes you get a fast reply, sometimes it takes three weeks and it's much too late.

Now I see that there is a lot of new items in the store. Perhaps problem is fixed ?
    Yet mine app is still not there. What about other developers, did you get ur ones visible ?

Also note that the category of Apps -> Sports is translated as "Urheilupelit" as in "Sport Games"
    How can it be that sport apps are sport games ? Two totally different things and misleads the customers. Like findig meat from the milk section in the local store.

I am in a similar situation, I’ve noticed that new apps have started to appear again however mine is still not on the OVI store (I submitted the app at the end of September, it passed QA a couple of weeks ago then 9 days ago its status changed from 0/1 published to 1/1 published) I was about to e-mail publisher support, however if other developers are still waiting for their apps to appear on the store I'll wait a few more days.
    Last edited by fp_david; 2010-11-12 at 09:57.

Regular Contributor

Two hints:
    1.) access the content item directly (http://store.ovi.com/content/xxxx) - perhaps the currently selected device is not supported because the device did not pass QA. This was the case for 2 of my apps. It showed QA passed + published but I could not find it because it was not approved to the selected device. You can see this from the QA comment posted under "Content files"
    2.) If checked 1.) contact ovi-publisher support directly. Although they are currently very overloaded, they try to answer your emails asap.

Nokia Developer Expert

Dear all,

The issue that occurred on November 3rd has now been fixed and all items that have been published and updated should now be available in the store. In reply to razvanpetru and Jon Heron's valuable feedback and suggestions, we are trying our best to inform our publishers of the issues. Notifications of known issues that affect all publishers are usually in the monthly newsletters or in an email notification. I understand all your frustrations due to the delays in answering your inquiries, but please know that we are working hard to answer the overload of emails. Your patience and understanding is very much appreciated.

Best Regards,
    OviBecca

Dear OviBecca,

Looks like the problem was not fully solved. My app was marked as published 8 days ago and it's still not visible in OVI store...