Discussion Board

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Regular Contributor

"QtSql: no such file or directory" on N8

When I try to include QtSql with
    #include <QtSql>

the program runs fine when using desktop or simulator environment, but when I try to test the program on my N8, it complains that it cannot find QtSql. Do I have too old version of Qt or something? Or if it's not installed on N8 by default, where can I install it? This same happens also with QSqlDatabase.

Super Contributor

Re: "QtSql: no such file or directory" on N8

No, It is not already available, you have to install the .sis file.

For Symbian users, the application sqlite3.sis is required. It can be found inside your Nokia Qt SDK at \NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\sis\sqlite3.sis or ready for installation from Start menu (Nokia Qt SDK -> Symbian -> Install SQLite to Symbian).

See in this article : http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...tions_using_Qt

Best regards,

Super Contributor

When does it complain? What is the error message? Do you have "QT += sql" in your .pro file?

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by rahulvala View Post
    No, It is not already available, you have to install the .sis file.

For Symbian users, the application sqlite3.sis is required. It can be found inside your Nokia Qt SDK at \NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\sis\sqlite3.sis or ready for installation from Start menu (Nokia Qt SDK -> Symbian -> Install SQLite to Symbian).

See in this article : http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...tions_using_Qt
    Thanks for your answer! But how about MySQL databases? Is there a driver for that?

Edit:
    I want to connect to a MySQL database on my server, not to deploy a MySQL database on the phone.
    Last edited by jounihat; 2010-11-06 at 10:52.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by danhicksbyron View Post
    When does it complain? What is the error message? Do you have "QT += sql" in your .pro file?
    It complains while linking and the error message is the same as the header of my original message (no such file or directory). I have QT += sql in my project file, otherwise it wouldn't work in desktop or simulator mode either.

Super Contributor

You can get list of available drivers with QSqlDatabase::drivers()
    http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7/qsqldatabase.html#drivers

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by divanov View Post
    You can get list of available drivers with QSqlDatabase::drivers()
    http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7/qsqldatabase.html#drivers
    Except that QSqlDatabase doesn't exist on my phone (N8), nor does QtSql. How am I supposed to make a program with database connection if I cannot be sure that my users have any database libraries installed?

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by jounihat View Post
    Except that QSqlDatabase doesn't exist on my phone (N8), nor does QtSql. How am I supposed to make a program with database connection if I cannot be sure that my users have any database libraries installed?
    In the comment #5 you say that linking fails (despite from the error message it looks like compilation fails), so how do you know that QtSql module is not available on the phone if you didn't test it? Reinstall your SDK if files are missing for some reason.

Regular Contributor

Ok, I misunderstood the error, it definitely is a compiling error. I get it when I try to build the program on my device.

Edit:When I build it on Desktop or Simulator, the program starts with no error, so it must be the phone.

Super Contributor

Edit:When I build it on Desktop or Simulator, the program starts with no error, so it must be the phone.
    Build process roughly consists of following steps: compilation, linking, uploading binary to the phone and execution. Your process fails at the very first step.
    QtSql include file is missing in your SDK for Symbian target for some reason. Could be unsuccessful update or installation.
    Last edited by divanov; 2010-11-08 at 08:17. Reason: typo

Super Contributor

I think some of our confusion is your use of the term "on" rather than "for" to indicate the target of your build. (I'm not criticizing your English -- it's excellent, and I'm nowhere near multilingual -- but just explaining why we may be talking past each other.)

So what you're saying is that you get an error in the build when the target of the build is the phone? I gather that you've not successfully built for the phone, so you're not saying that you get an error of some type from the phone itself, correct? (Note that you can build for the phone without having a phone connected.)

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by danhicksbyron View Post
    So what you're saying is that you get an error in the build when the target of the build is the phone? I gather that you've not successfully built for the phone, so you're not saying that you get an error of some type from the phone itself, correct? (Note that you can build for the phone without having a phone connected.)
    Yes, that is correct. Sorry if there was a confusion about that. I get the error when I try to build the project and the error shows up in the "Build issues" window. The program works when I build it for Desktop or Simulator, but it doesn't work when I build it for my N8.

Regular Contributor

Ok, thanks. I don't remember any issues with my installation or update processes, but I had some bugs in the simulator before the latest updates. What would be the best way to reinstall/fix the incomplete libraries? Should I reinstall the whole Nokia Qt SDK?

Super Contributor

Should I reinstall the whole Nokia Qt SDK?
    I think it will be the best option. Use offline version.
    You should have the directory with QtSql include headers under
    C:\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\include\QtSql
    Last edited by divanov; 2010-11-08 at 08:49.

Many times it is better to install the whole Windows (i do not know the case with Linux)
    operating system again, if something has gone wrong with Symbian or Qt environment's
    installation procedures- for example when you have intalled beta versions of Symbian or Qt,
    and after some time, your development environmet is messy or corrupted.

Sure it takes time to install Windows from the scratch again, but you should consider, that
    kind of environment for your Windows re-installations, that you have reinstallable Windows
    image (not corrupted) from your secondary hard drive.

You just copy Windows old image from secondary hard drive back to your priamary drive, and after that
    copying, install Symbian/Qt environmet again from original Nokia's instalable files.

Have any one tried this kind of concept with Symbian environment, when developing apps
    with Windows environmet for Symbian devices ?
    Last edited by teknikko; 2010-11-08 at 19:27.