Discussion Board

Hybrid View

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Publish to Ovi apologizes for delays

Dear Publisher,

Thank you for being a valued Ovi Store publisher. At Nokia World 2010, we announced many new features and devices such as the Ovi Store client on the new Symbian devices (Nokia N8, Nokia E7, Nokia C6, Nokia C7), in-app purchasing, Ovi app wizard, and of course our Ovi Store Symbian and Java signing services. We also announced the SLA for your content to get published to be five business days.

Since that announcement, your Ovi Store team has been flooded with new content/application and new publishers. The response to Ovi Store has been overwhelming and we are doing our best to keep up with the demand and provide our services to you. Unfortunately, you may have experienced a longer wait than five business days to see your content published in the Store. We apologize for not being able to keep up with the demand but we assure you we are doing everything possible to get your content into store within five business days.

We appreciate and thank you for your patience as we work together to make Ovi Store a better experience for publishers and consumers.

Best regards,

Ovi Store Publisher Support

Re: Publish to Ovi apologizes for delays

For publishers it is a worse experience. Please upgrade your QA.

Regular Contributor

I'm still waiting to get Publisher UID and keys to pack my app using Nokia Smart Installer. It's too long - I've been already waiting for one week, and who knows how long...

Nokia Developer Expert

Quote Originally Posted by radeknati View Post
    I'm still waiting to get Publisher UID and keys to pack my app using Nokia Smart Installer. It's too long - I've been already waiting for one week, and who knows how long...

Hi

Please resubmit your request to publishtoovi.support@nokia.com

The system was upgraded over the hoidays so possibly the email request did not go through.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by OviStewey View Post
    Hi

Please resubmit your request to publishtoovi.support@nokia.com

The system was upgraded over the hoidays so possibly the email request did not go through.

Thank you
    I'm disappointed on this answer's type!!!!

Hi Stewey,

How long should the publishers have to wait for OVI Support to reply? Since January, support was from BAD to WORSE. I already sent an email to publishtoovi.support@nokia.com and made follow ups for the last 3 week but still UIDs has not been sent.

Regular Contributor

At least I received a reply from Ovi Support but they send me an agreement I Should sign and send back. I'm still waiting for UID - three weeks.

At least please give response to the mails. Don't give us silence. We need response. What is the best practice on requesting UIDs? I've sent the signed T&Cs by e-mail and no response. Could you put here the fax number? I'm sick of waiting.

Hello,

Five days ago I put in a request to publishtoovi.support@nokia.com for a publisher ID and signing keys. Despite several followups I have received no response whatsoever. It's like a black hole. I've gone through the registration gauntlet: forum.nokia.com, publish.ovi.com, and callingallinnovators.com. It's dismaying because my app's complete and time is passing. What is the current turnaround time for processing a signing key request?

Thanks,

Phil

Follow up:

I see from postings in this thread that some publishers have waited three weeks and longer for their Publisher ID and signing keys. By all accounts, they may still be waiting. If this is the current state of affairs for id requests then publishers who have recently placed their requests (like me) might not receive their keys and ids in time for the "Calling All Innovators" contest deadline of March 31st. If I had known I would have put in my request two months ago. Unfortunately, this information isn't posted anywhere obvious.

I for one would appreciate it if somone at Ovi Publish could turn on the e-mail auto reply for publishtoovi, with perhaps a rough-estimate response time indicated in the message.

Thanks,

Phil
    Last edited by pgarofalo; 2011-02-27 at 16:07.

Regular Contributor

6-8 days for QA - in dreams maybe. I've been waiting for 30 days and after that very long long time they told my that my app has mistake and I should correct it. After 30 days - no comments. So I corrected the mistake and I'm stil waiting back again. I'm asking - how long yet?

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Quote Originally Posted by radeknati View Post
    6-8 days for QA - in dreams maybe. I've been waiting for 30 days and after that very long long time they told my that my app has mistake and I should correct it. After 30 days - no comments. So I corrected the mistake and I'm stil waiting back again. I'm asking - how long yet?
    You need to contact PublishToOvi.support@nokia.com, Give them all the details publisher inormation and such. When you do, cc me and I'll try to keep them on top of it.

Ron

I'm still waiting for UID

Super Contributor

Hello, sscob

Had you contacted PublishToOvi.support@nokia.com? Is your case still open...?

Best,
    Marko
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR][I]Marko Lumivuori
    Technical Support
    +358 40 8019330
    [email]marko.lumivuori@nokia.com[/email][/I][/FONT]