Discussion Board

Question missing Python folder in Nokia N95 8gb

I installed PythonForS60_1_4_5_3rdEd and PythonScriptshell_1_4_5_3rdEd for N95 8gb cell phone successfully. When I open Python on cell phone and tap on "Run Script", some python files are displayed there including "ball.py, filebrowser.py".... However, I cannot find python folder in cell phone memory anywhere. So I do not know how to run my python code.

I use N95 before and the python folder is there when I browser the phone memory.

Anyone knows where to find the python folder? Or any other way to run my python codes?

Super Contributor

Re: missing Python folder in Nokia N95 8gb

Quote Originally Posted by huimin1130 View Post
    I installed PythonForS60_1_4_5_3rdEd and PythonScriptshell_1_4_5_3rdEd for N95 8gb cell phone successfully. When I open Python on cell phone and tap on "Run Script", some python files are displayed there including "ball.py, filebrowser.py".... However, I cannot find python folder in cell phone memory anywhere. So I do not know how to run my python code.

I use N95 before and the python folder is there when I browser the phone memory.

Anyone knows where to find the python folder? Or any other way to run my python codes?
    Hi, huimin

Probabaly you should have the Python folder in this path : C:\System\Apps\Python\

And you can write your own python code (.sis) file in this folder : C:\System\Apps\Python\my\ or E drive if Pyhton for S60 is installed in MMC card.

Best regards,

Hi, rahulvala:

Thanks a lot for your reply!
    I just figured it out that I need to install python and python script under E: (memory card) instead of C: (phone memory) . Once I uninstalled python and reinstall it under E:, the python folder show up automatically : )

Nokia Developer Moderator

Just to clarify, Python 1.4.5 requires the installation of the runtime and the script shell on the same memory drive - be it phone memory (C: ) or memory card or mass memory (E: )

For 1.4.5 release - the python folder can be found in the drive root on which it was installed.

I would personally recommend using the latest version - 2.0.0 if you are using a 3rd edition FP2 or higher device.
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com