Discussion Board

myapp_installer.sis untrusted

I've followed these steps to get my application ready for submitting to ovi. Everything seems to work properly and there is myapp_installer.sis file now on my project folder. The problem is, when I try to install this on my devide (which has one of the IMEIs I sent to ovi publisher support) to test it for Symbian criteria the installation fails with an error message "Unable to install a protected application from an untrusted supplier". Is this the right way to test it? Shouldn't the device consider the file trusted?

What do I need 2 UIDs for? I sent 2 IMEIs to ovi Publisher Support, is this why I got 2 UIDs? I only put one in the .pro file. What is the file <company name>_OviPublishCert_*_.sis for?

Regular Contributor

Re: myapp_installer.sis untrusted

I guess you have correctly signed the app using one of the UID's provided by Nokia. The other sis file you received, should be run on your device(whose IMEI you submitted to Nokia). This is basically a provision database and after you install this on device, you may safely install your app which you have signed using nokia provided uid and credentials. In this case the app will install successfuly.

If you are still not able to get the app installed, contact publisher support, the certificate might have expired.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Dear publisher,
    Each developer certificate that we provide to you for testing has expiry date of 3 months.
    In order for you to test out your application, you will need to install the <company name>_OviPublishCert_*_.sis in the device that you provide us the imei. Package the application with the .crt and .key that we provide to you. Then you should be able to test on your device.

When you're ready to submit to ovi publish, make sure you package the application with the UID that we provide to you and enter the UID in the metadata field in submission.
    Contact us publishtoovi.support@nokia.com if you have other question.
    Regards,
    oviJude
    Ovi publisher support

Quote Originally Posted by oviJude View Post
    Dear publisher,
    Each developer certificate that we provide to you for testing has expiry date of 3 months.
    In order for you to test out your application, you will need to install the <company name>_OviPublishCert_*_.sis in the device that you provide us the imei. Package the application with the .crt and .key that we provide to you. Then you should be able to test on your device.
    I've the same problem after upgrading to the new smart installer. I'm not sure what exactly is causing this problem, but now I receive the same warning (except that it's on Russian language).
    Previously packaging and installing was working on the same phone, but now it doesn't. Yes, publisher certificate is installed.

Now I'm trying to pack my app with new smart installer and installation fails on a phone because it's not "trusted". Sure, I'll write to publishtoovi.support@nokia.com, but if anyone knows here how to find a real problem, then it'd be nice for others too.

Btw, I've received my UIDs on 30th of October. May be my certificate has died already, but I don't know to check it.

Alright, I've resolved this problem by reinstalling my publisher certificate on the phone. Then everything went fine with the same installer file!