Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

End Call key to exit application: still doesn't work with key listener

Hello,

There's sometimes a problem when pressing the red Key (End call button) in a Flash application packaged as .sis file. It should exit the application, but it doesn't (no problem when playing the .swf directly).

There is a fix, that I've been using for a long time:

Code:
    var keyListener:Object = new Object();
    keyListener.onKeyDown = function() {
    	if(Key.getCode()=="endcall"){
    		fscommand2("Quit");
    	}
    }
    Key.addListener(keyListener);

However, I was surprised to discover that it doesn't always work. I've been testing with Remote Device Access, and most of the time it didn't work.
    It works on some S60 phones: Nokia 5800, X6 (real device and remote access).
    It doesn't work on C6-00 (S60)
    It doesn't work on C7 and N8 (Symbian 3)

I use Carbide C++ to create the .sis file.

What's the reason far that to happen? Is there any other way? Have you been facing this problem, using Carbide or any packaging tool?

Thanks a lot.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: End Call key to exit application: still doesn't work with key listener

Hi RomanAge,
    We already discussed the SWF Launcher method. Try that method it may helps. As far as the reason behind it is concerned i think it is nothing but a bug in Flash Lite Viewer API and may be "endcall" is compatible with Flash Lite 3.0 but not Flash Lite 4.0.
    Moreover, one of the method which mostly reproduce this error is by using Contacts API of Platfrom Services.

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft

Regular Contributor

Re: End Call key to exit application: still doesn't work with key listener

Thank you Saji,
    I know you advocate the Flash launcher, but I honestly have not been able to create one myself.
    I did try this tutorial:
    http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...ymbian_C%2B%2B

But at the moment, I cannot compile a basic Hello World Symbian S60 5th edition application created with the wizard in Carbide, even though it makes no problem when compiling a Flash Stub application (but not suitable for the reason I explained above).

Ok, the errors I get are: KGeneral_Information undeclared, and a .hlp.hrh file that is not there.
    Anyway the point is not for you to sort the problem here, it is not the right place, the point is that I haven't got the knowledge to create a Flash launcher.

Beside, I am not even sure that it would entirely do the job, I need a .sis installation file with the .swf copied somewhere in the private folder, an icon, well all the things that can be done with the Flash Stub, for S60 5th edition.

If you can point me to a tutorial that can work for this purpose, with Carbide, I am ready to give it another try.

EDIT: I really don't get the "Contacts API of Platfrom Services", in which way it can be related to this error, or to reproducing this error?

Thank you Saji.
    Last edited by RomanAge; 2010-11-22 at 17:06.