Discussion Board

7650 Symbian Connect

Hi,
    I am new to the Symbian OS field and I have some questions regarding connectivity issues from a pc to a symbian OS phone.

I have read in the book "Programming for the Series 60 platform and symbian OS" the following (page 411, Access to the symbian connect engine paragraph):
    "PC Application can access the symbian engine to control the file system directly. Once the symbian connect engine has been invoked, it can be used in the following operations:
    - connecting to a series 60 smartphone
    - starting and stoping a program on an attached smartphone
    - acquiring information about an attached smartphone
    - file operations (copying and moving files)
    ..."

I need to develop an application which will be able to write files in the NOKIA 7650 file system and start & and stop some custom applications I am about to develop for the symbian os platform

So I have the following questions:
    - where can I find the Symbian Connect software
    - where can I find documentation about the symbian connect objects and how to use them in order to create such an application
    - would Visual basic be an appropriate environment to develop such a pc application?

If anyone has any information about the above would be very helpful to me.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Alex

Re: 7650 Symbian Connect

I have same question. Can anyone please help?
    Last edited by moiqubal; 2008-11-15 at 20:42.

Nokia Developer Moderator

See Unsupported developer tools in Symbian Developer Network's wiki. Mind the title of the page though.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Also it would be great idea to check the date of the original unanswered query, it is indeed 5 and half years old post..

If the targeted phone is still 7650 then Symbian Connect would work. For any other S60 phone though that SDK is useless but hey - you get answers for what you ask :)
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite