I am new to the Symbian OS field and I have some questions regarding connectivity issues from a pc to a symbian OS phone.
I have read in the book "Programming for the Series 60 platform and symbian OS" the following (page 411, Access to the symbian connect engine paragraph):
"PC Application can access the symbian engine to control the file system directly. Once the symbian connect engine has been invoked, it can be used in the following operations:
- connecting to a series 60 smartphone
- starting and stoping a program on an attached smartphone
- acquiring information about an attached smartphone
- file operations (copying and moving files)
I need to develop an application which will be able to write files in the NOKIA 7650 file system and start & and stop some custom applications I am about to develop for the symbian os platform
So I have the following questions:
- where can I find the Symbian Connect software
- where can I find documentation about the symbian connect objects and how to use them in order to create such an application
- would Visual basic be an appropriate environment to develop such a pc application?
If anyone has any information about the above would be very helpful to me.
Thanks in advance