Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Waiting now 40 days for publishing content... paid 50 euro for that.. unbelievable

Waiting now 40 days for publishing content... paied 50 euro for that.. unbelievable...

no answer to our emails...

we stopped developing software for nokia... till we have a successfull publishing...

in this 40 days we published 5 google android applications in a few minutes...

which developer develops software if he must pay for publishing and wait many months till content is published..

i dont understand this kind of service..

many of you would say now:

"if you dont like it, dont develope software for nokia"

yes you are right.. we stopped...(Akasya GPS Tracker for Symbian)

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Waiting now 40 days for publishing content... paid 50 euro for that.. unbelievabl

have you checked what the atatus for your application is in the content tab ? see basically what both item and files are saying, just to make sure you have actually sent them for the QA.

Re: Waiting now 40 days for publishing content... paid 50 euro for that.. unbelievabl

yes... i checked...

item passed

file pending

all has been send to qa.

Super Contributor

Send a friendly email to QA...
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog

how many?

i send many emails... not even one has been answered...

it is now 46 days...

Stuartcvl

We are the same and it is just getting tiresome now, it is to a point where we cannot plan ahead for events like Christmas, Valentines because of the timescale and not knowing how long it will take, very frustrating.

xsiox have you been editing your content, during those 46 days, after you submitted it?

I wait about 30 day for first halt(problem with icon + Vendor).
    And now 8 day off... pending)
    Stopped too

30 days and counting

Regular Contributor

I submitted my app more than 40 days ago. I missed a letter or two in my support website and it got rejected 18 days after my upload. I again resubmitted it and now it failed with reason "Blank white screen is displayed". For god sake give some reason on where the failure happens or attach an video. I have tested it many times and i haven't seen any blank screen. Now i have to wait for another 20 days to get a reply from publish.ovi.com.

This is really frustrating. By the time the app gets published it will be 100 days.

Test all the functionality in QA and inform what all the failures are at one time. So by the second iteration the app will get published.

Regular Contributor

I am also very disappointed because of the long review time. But on the other hand you cannot blame Ovi-Store for your bugs or make them test your app - this should be your own work (e.g. hire some friends to test your app). Actually, two of my apps got rejected recently because of small bugs (Ovi seems to do the testing more thoroughful recently) and I am very happy about this because I do not want to deliver buggy apps to my customers!

@vinothg Please tell me you're joking... Your APP was rejected because you had errors on your WEBSITE?

I have experienced the same thing when I had to resubmit my already published Qt Symbian app to the new Qt section, first they failed it and wouldn't publish because the Version# I had listed in my about screen still said V1.0.... Hardly a bug or a reason to fail the app that cost me 20 Euros to sign. Besides that the app is still published under the symbian section where it gets no traffic and the About screen is the same.
    So I removed the version info from the about screen altogether to avoid this problem in the future, spent another 20Euro on signing and then they fail it because the layout broke on a certain device. This of course is a very legitimate reason to fail the app but why didn't they give me this info after the first Qa failed? Now 40Euros and over one month in sales (so far) down the tubes and its still going through QA.....
    Incredibly disappointing!
    OVI = anti publisher

Cheers,
    Jon

I thought that if you failed on one device, you could still get published on the devices that passed.

Quote Originally Posted by razvanpetru View Post
    I thought that if you failed on one device, you could still get published on the devices that passed.
    So did I, and that's why I selected to support many devices even when I was only able to test them on the RDA devices...