Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Phone call still support?

Hi everyone,

Beside using symbian library to make a phone call(CTelephony), would QMobility has any library to make a phone call?(just like QXTelephony)?

Thanks for advance.

Super Contributor

Regular Contributor

Re: Phone call still support?

Hi,

So, the answer is No, right??
    Coz, I need to dial "," and "p" in my app and seems CTelephony is not supported those symbol, any advise?

Thanks for advance.

Just wondering why on earth you would leave out telephony from Qt Mobility.
    We are developing applications for mobile phones and telephony is a vital functionality in mobile phones.
    It just doesn't make sense.
    First creating a new framework for developing Symbian apps which you say will make development simpler and more effective, with great new tools and libraries, and then you tell us to use old Symbian C++ libraries for doing something as basic as setting up calls.
    This is just meaningless..
    I've set my environment up nicely with Qt creator, I've got most of my classes implemented and all my views are pretty much done.... but now I need to install Carbide.c++, set up the Symbian C++ environment (which is a pain) and use that to compile and run my code, cause you can't do a simple thing as telephony in Qt..

Super Contributor

@airien

Ya , It's true, In the current and latest release the developers are missing the Telephony API in the Qt Mobility,,,here : List of API

But you can use the Telephony API using mobile extension : http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...bile_Extension

One more thing if you have the latest version of Qt, then you can not use Mobile Extension, and the available API under it.
    You have to use the Symbian libraries for telephony stuffs, and then combine it to Qt project : Using_Qt_and_Symbian_C++_Together

Best regards,

Regular Contributor

@rahulvala

Is there anyway to dial "," and "p" in the phone number?

Thanks for advance.

I also want to make a call...
    is there a sample example available for that.
    I am not sure how to use the native symbian code in QT environment.
    I saw the buletooth exaple but m not able to do the same for etel code.
    any pointers??

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by airien View Post
    Just wondering why on earth you would leave out telephony from Qt Mobility.
    We are developing applications for mobile phones and telephony is a vital functionality in mobile phones.
    It just doesn't make sense.
    First creating a new framework for developing Symbian apps which you say will make development simpler and more effective, with great new tools and libraries, and then you tell us to use old Symbian C++ libraries for doing something as basic as setting up calls.
    This is just meaningless..
    I've set my environment up nicely with Qt creator, I've got most of my classes implemented and all my views are pretty much done.... but now I need to install Carbide.c++, set up the Symbian C++ environment (which is a pain) and use that to compile and run my code, cause you can't do a simple thing as telephony in Qt..
    You said exactly what I want to say!!! Mobility api without a make call function just doesn't make any sense of the name "Mobility API".

anyway, I copied those files to my QtProject on into my QCreator rather than Carbide.C++, compile it and fail....
    Last edited by wenz; 2010-11-24 at 06:48.
    Nokia is back!

wenz: Make sure you have Symbian SDK installed (the C++ one, I'm using Nokia_Symbian3_SDK_v0.9) and set up in tools->Qt4->S60 SDKs.

Regular Contributor

Thnx Airien, I'll give a try and response back soon.
    and now I'm wondering whether it is possible to create a hyper link like this <a href="wtai://wp/mc;1300000000"></a> on my QLayout, if this is possible the MAKE CALL process should be easier.
    Nokia is back!

Regular Contributor

Hi Airien and everyone,
    I've tried to integrate an wtai:// call link inside a QWebView object and it fails.
    The extension way could be the only way I should go now, I've just installed Symbian 3 v0.9 and done the S60 SDK settings in QCreator, also copied the telephony source codes from the extensions to my project, but seems like it still can't recognize the #include <Etel3rdParty.h>, did I miss anything?
    it still says "Cannot open include file 'Etel3rdParty.h'", pls help.

ps, I haven't install Carbide.C++ at all coz my QtProject is nearly done but this shitty makecall function... don't really want to roll everything back like UIs etc..

Chrs,
    Wen
    Last edited by wenz; 2010-11-26 at 00:34.
    Nokia is back!