Discussion Board

Don't see cpp source files under project at Qt Designer

Hello.

I'm new to Qt Designer so I'm pretty confused I don't see a .cpp files listed under the project at Qt Designer. I can see header (.h) files and I can switch to .cpp file from .h one by hiting F4, but I would appreciate the possibility to view the list of .cpp files under the project.

I'm using Qt Designer 4.6 under W7 64bit. I'm not sure if this is "a bug or a feature"...

I'm also curious if anyone could get Qt SDK working with NetBeans... I would really appreciate if it's working!

Many thanks for Your handy replies!

shadyyx.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Don't see cpp source files under project at Qt Designer

You have to write your own .cpp files.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by shadyyx View Post
    Hello.

I'm new to Qt Designer so I'm pretty confused I don't see a .cpp files listed under the project at Qt Designer. I can see header (.h) files and I can switch to .cpp file from .h one by hiting F4, but I would appreciate the possibility to view the list of .cpp files under the project.

I'm using Qt Designer 4.6 under W7 64bit. I'm not sure if this is "a bug or a feature"...

I'm also curious if anyone could get Qt SDK working with NetBeans... I would really appreciate if it's working!

Many thanks for Your handy replies!

shadyyx.
    Hi, Welcome to Forum Nokia Discussions
    NetBeans generates in a similar way as Nokia Qt SDKdoes. NetBeans is Java Qt 4.7.1 C++.
    When you start select an example like the Calculator or another form base example.
    download offline PC version

When you have loaded one of the many GUI examples double click on the Form and Qt Designer starts inside Qt Creator and you can alter and play with the generated code.
    When your ready create you own GUI project select Qt GUI project and and the standard code is generated and a blank GUI is created for Qt Designer.

Standalone Qt Designer is probably to difficult to start. Try the Qt Designer Example on the Wiki Multi Language Hello World using QtDesign in Qt for Symbian
    Wiki

Good Luck
    Jim

to danhicksbyron: sorry I forgot to mention that I was opening an example projects... But, really, a pro like You could think I'm a kind of a BFU?

to jimgilmour1: thanks for advice, I'll try to run it under NetBeans. I got Qt examples working under Carbide++ and also imported a Qt SDK into Carbide, but I don't know if this is possible in NetBeans. And also, if I could use NetBeans's Qt projects for creating of mobile apps...

But still there is unanswered question - why I don't see .cpp files (from example projects) opened in Qt Designer...?

Tanks anyway.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by shadyyx View Post
    to danhicksbyron: sorry I forgot to mention that I was opening an example projects... But, really, a pro like You could think I'm a kind of a BFU?

to jimgilmour1: thanks for advice, I'll try to run it under NetBeans. I got Qt examples working under Carbide++ and also imported a Qt SDK into Carbide, but I don't know if this is possible in NetBeans. And also, if I could use NetBeans's Qt projects for creating of mobile apps...

But still there is unanswered question - why I don't see .cpp files (from example projects) opened in Qt Designer...?

Tanks anyway.
    NetBeans holds a container for all types of file and generates implicit .cpp.
    Qt Designer uses an XML file with the extension project.ui.

The project.ui is processed by the uic.exe the ui complier generates the ui_project.h

This file is outside Qt Designer and every change to the ui must be re-processed by uic.exe and thismakes the use of standalone Qt Designer hard work. Qt Designer does NOT have a project structure Qt Creator has a project structure

these are all kept in standard directories

Jim

Nokia Developer Champion

Like I said, you have to write your own .cpp files. Designer creates the.ui files which are processed into ui_xxx.h files. Those must then be #included into your .cpp files.