Discussion Board

Question Yet another N900 + Maemo + Meego + NITDroid Thread

Hi,

I've just "installed" Meego (merely a bzcat meego-handset-armv7l-n900-final-mod-1.1.0.0.20101101.3-mmcblk0p.raw.bz2 | dd bs=4096 of=/dev/sdb) on my N900's 8GB microSDHC card and it works great. The obvious next step is to install NITDroid as well (also on microSD with multiboot support). However, even though there are tons of threads about this combination, I haven't been able to locate a simple step-by-step tutorial for doing so. Could anybody help me with this? I'd really appreciate it, since I'm not very familiar with the topic.

Best regards,
    Dorfmeister

PS:
    The most useful resource I found so far is http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=48 but the author doesn't give all details - he's esp. brief regarding NITDroid. I also don't know what implications the use of flasher has - Will I be able to regularly boot Maemo afterwards? How can I recover if something goes wrong? Currently this feels too fuzzy for me to try. Could anybody please explain the missing parts to me? Is there a wiki article about this? A working version of this would be incredibly cool... Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Dorfmeister; 2010-11-18 at 03:31.

Re: Yet another N900 + Maemo + Meego + NITDroid Thread

This guy has a running version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLwxQZvXR7I

I kind of lost interest in it currently, since NITDroid doesn't support the camera iirc. You somehow have to call multiboot from uboot in order to run NITDroid, I guess. If anybody should figure this out in detail, a short wiki article would certainly be appreciated by many users.