Discussion Board

Angry Game failed QA because of "On-screen keyboard needs to be disabled by default", what

Is there even possibility in my wrt app to block that?

Comments from the QA team:
    Failed QA.
    SUMMARY: On-screen keyboard needs to be disabled by default.
    STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
    1. Download, install and run the application.
    2. Notice the on-screen keyboard is on by default.
    ACTUAL RESULTS: The on-screen keyboard is on by default and occupies a large portion of the screen.
    EXPECTED RESULTS: Games on touch devices must be touch enabled, utilise the full screen and be fully playable without virtual d-pad.
    AFFECTED DEVICES: All S60 touch devices. (public, Qa in progress -> Qa failed)

I have installed it to 5 different symbian phones and didn't get that on-screen keyboard in any of those, and neither when testing with the remote device access. Does that QA tester have just some weird phone settings, or what the heck can I do with the issua?

Re: Game failed QA because of "On-screen keyboard needs to be disabled by default", w

Nobody knows?!?

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Game failed QA because of "On-screen keyboard needs to be disabled by default", w

Hello,

There is definitely something fishy here. There is no way to control virtual keyboard from a web runtime widget. Do you have any input fields etc.. which could cause the on screen keyboard to become visible?

In addition you could try to post your question to the Publishing to OVI Store discussion board as the OVI support staff is more likely to find you question from there.

Br,
    Ilkka

Quote Originally Posted by isalento View Post
    Hello,

There is definitely something fishy here. There is no way to control virtual keyboard from a web runtime widget. Do you have any input fields etc.. which could cause the on screen keyboard to become visible?

In addition you could try to post your question to the Publishing to OVI Store discussion board as the OVI support staff is more likely to find you question from there.

Br,
    Ilkka
    Hi,no I don't have any input fields or anything in the app... And today it was again first failed because of the same reason and then approved 5min after that by another tester. Doesn't sound professional business to me...