Discussion Board

General OS-related error when run on device from within QT creator

Hello,

when I try to run/debug my project on a nokia N8 device using QT creator I get the following error:

Could not install from package C:\Data\testapp.sis on device: General OS-related error

When I look on the device I can find the installation file in C:\testapp.sis. I can install the file manually from there without any problem.

Any ideas why it doesn't work from within QT Creator?

Cheers
    Tom

Super Contributor

Re: General OS-related error when run on device from within QT creator

Quote Originally Posted by tomjanssens View Post
    Hello,

when I try to run/debug my project on a nokia N8 device using QT creator I get the following error:

Could not install from package C:\Data\testapp.sis on device: General OS-related error

When I look on the device I can find the installation file in C:\testapp.sis. I can install the file manually from there without any problem.

Any ideas why it doesn't work from within QT Creator?

Cheers
    Tom
    You need App Trak Symbian ^3 loaded to allow debug on the N8. "Symbian^3_app_trk_3_2_7.sis"
    You must upgrade to at least Nokia Qt SDK 1.0.1 to get this file.
    One the app is manually installed you cannot debug as there will be two copies on the phone so uninstall the testapp.sis, to allow the debug version to install from qt creator.
    You must have an tcpip address onthe N8 and I connect to a wlan router to get the ip address on the phone and PC.

Jim
    Last edited by jimgilmour1; 2010-11-19 at 09:32.