Discussion Board

Exclamation Publish my first app on Ovi

Can someone please help me with this? It's getting really frustrating...

I've recently developed my first application on Symbian S60 3rd using Carbide.C++.
    I've then submitted it to Ovi but the QA test failed with this error:

Unfortunately, we are unable to sign your content because a Nokia assigned UID is not found in your SIS file.

I've found that a valid registered UID was required so i got one by registering on symbiansigned.com
    Then i replaced my old UID with the one from symbiansigned and re-uploaded the application to Ovi.
    A few days after the exactly same error was sent by the QA:

Unfortunately, we are unable to sign your content because a Nokia assigned UID is not found in your SIS file.

I can't figure out what is the problem...

What i really don't understand is how are the symbiansigned.com and publish.ovi.com accounts linked? Because, although i used the same name for registering, the email addresses differ. Might this be the reason for which the QA doesn't accept my assigned UID?
    Is there any way to see what is the internal UID in a sisx file (the on refered by QA as "found in your SIS file")?

I have a "self signed" sisx file submitted to them, not the unsigned sis.

I'm totally stuck in this problem. Please help!

Re: Publish my first app on Ovi

seems like they understood at Nokia that you got the UID's from Nokia. Could it be that? What did you select for "Symbian Signed Type" when you submited your app?

Quote Originally Posted by jetrix74 View Post
    seems like they understood at Nokia that you got the UID's from Nokia. Could it be that? What did you select for "Symbian Signed Type" when you submited your app?
    Express Signed.

The signing was made by Carbide.C++. I selected "self sign" and generated me a sisx.
    I don't have a .cer & .key certificate from symbiansigned.com. I have only the UID. I didn't pay anything on SymbianSigned, only the 1E fee on ovi registration.
    Do I need a .cer / .key certificate in order to publish my app?
    Do I need to pay more just to publish a free app? Hope not.

Still very confused... please help!

I have exactly the same problem, I am using Qt Creator and used two UIDs obtained from SymbianSigned - one for the Smart Installer and one for my App. I tried with only one UID first but the installer wouldnt work until I separated them.
    I have emailed Nokia asking for help.

Symbian programming is new to me also and I use QT so somebody more experienced should answer.

Why didn't you go for the "Free Nokia signing"-thing. http://www.forum.nokia.com/Distribut..._signing.xhtml, where you get everything you need (uids, cert installer, .cer, .key) from nokia for free?

Symbian programming is new to me also and I use QT so somebody more experienced should answer.

Why didn't you go for the "Free Nokia signing"-thing. http://www.forum.nokia.com/Distribut..._signing.xhtml, where you get everything you need (uids, cert installer, .cer, .key) from nokia for free?
    have you successfully published any application on Ovi?
    how long did the entire process take?

No I haven't, still pending... But what I have read here that it takes only couple of days to QA ppl to let you know if something is wrong with your app, so I take that as a good sign that I have not been contacted. Would the process be faster if you self sign / express sign your app? Is that why you chose "express signed"?

No I haven't, still pending... But what I have read here that it takes only couple of days to QA ppl to let you know if something is wrong with your app, so I take that as a good sign that I have not been contacted. Would the process be faster if you self sign / express sign your app? Is that why you chose "express signed"?
    I don't know... this is my first publish too...
    I'll try the "free nokia signing", thanks for the tip

I'm a bit scared of the slow approval process. I hope i'll have it published till Christmas.

You are welcome.

Don't let the (hopefully temporary) bottle neck at Nokia eat your programming motivation.

I have a "self signed" sisx file submitted to them, not the unsigned sis.
    I think you're meant to submit the unsigned .sis file to Nokia when you're expecting them to sign it for you.

Hi,
    I was able to get a Qt app published to OVI in August using the Symbian Express signed service. The only downside to this route is its going to cost you 200 bucks for a publisher ID plus you need to have a registered company name. Then its 10 bucks each for your signing credits so thats 20 bucks for each published Qt app since you need to sign it twice, once for the app and again for the app in the smart installer wrapper. You need to use this UID for the smart installer when submitting to Symbian signed; 0x2002CCCF
    You can read all about the different packaging options HERE. And how to do it HERE.
    The advantage of using the express signed service is that you can put your signed sis file up on other app stores to maximize your sales whereas the free OVI signed sis can only be sold on OVI.
    Good luck!
    Jon

The UID has to come from Nokia, not SymbianSigned. They give you a set of UIDs when you send them a signed developer agreement.

Only if your using the Ovi "free" signing option do you need the UID from Ovi.
    When using symbian express signed you need to use a UID from the symbian signed protected range, acquired from the symbian signed website...
    At least that has been my experience...
    Cheers,
    Jon