Discussion Board

Exclamation Localization problem Nokia c3-00

Hi, when implement some localization functions of the API the device say that is searching a Bluetooth device, and throws the next message:

“No device found check that the devices you are searching for has Bluetooth switched on and is set visible.”

Does some body have the same problem? I try to run the localization examples of nokia but they also gave me the same message. Does the c3-00 support localization? In the device details http://www.forum.nokia.com/Devices/D...cations/C3-00/ says that it can.

Thanks

Super Contributor

Re: Localization problem Nokia c3-00

Sorry, I do not exactly understand what you are asking. The message you point to seems to be one of the messages provided by the system and those depend on the phone language settings. If you want to change that message to some other language you have to (manually) change the language settings of the phone. (no, you cannot change the phone langage settings from your MIDlet)

Or did I completely misunderstand your question?

Hartti

Super Contributor

And what exactly are you referring to when you mention that C3 supports localization and point to the device specifications on FN.com?

Hartti

Hi, thanks for the reply, I think I don’t make myself clear. I want to know if the c3 supports JSR 179 Location API for J2ME™ 1.0 ? in the specification pages said that it support it but when I ran something of that API the device sais: “No device found check that the devices you are searching for has Bluetooth switched on and is set visible.”
    In this page said that I can access the location and orientation of the device. http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n...7ada2a7e8.html
    Thnaks.

@ frco.marin, C3 support JSR-179, but the problem with C3 is that, when you request for location it try to get location from blue tooth device, that's why you got the message “No device found check that the devices you are searching for has Bluetooth switched on and is set visible.” There is no way to change location method in C3. For further information you see the documentation for JSR 179.
    I think there is no way to get the location except for bluetooth device.